Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Last nights Prime rib, Wonderful

BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
edited 10:03PM in EggHead Forum
My thanks to everyone for all the help with with my rib roast cook. Purchased a two bone 4lb'er, bones tied on. Rubbed it with a combination of Dizzy Pig's Cowlick rub and BlueSmoke's Gilded Sprinter's, then mixed a small amount of Worcestershire sauce & A-1 steak sauce together and rubbed that on, finally slathered it with
horseradish, wrapped it in plastic and let it sit for two days in the fridge.[p]Seared at 650° in the medium for about 3min. per side. (Lots of smoke doing this) I left the bones on because the butcher left them hinged at one end, just cut the string off as it would have burned off anyway. [p]Tied the bones back tight and put it
in the large,indirect at 225°, pulled it at 136°, tented about 15min., it rose to 143°, sliced it, a wonderful light pink on the inside with a nice crust on the outside.[p]Now I don't normally eat prime rib but will at a high end restaurant, I have to tell you this was wonderful. Their were three of us and we at the whole thing. My guest could not get over how tender and tasty it was.[p]Pork tenderloins tonight, T bones for Friday night. My friends wife wants to go to her favorite Mexican restaurant one night, he wants me to cook on the egg for him.[p]Cheers and thanks to all,[p]New Bob[p]

·

Comments

• BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    I forgot to mention that this recipe is one of those posted by Stogie. (Thanks Stogie) I did opt to use rubs that I had on hand. [p]I just wanted to credit to Stogie for his help.[p]Cheers,
    New Bob

·
  • KennyGKennyG Posts: 949
    New Bob,[p]Congrats! Standing rib is my all time favorite cook on the Egg. Probably because the wife only lets me do them once a year. [p]I'll have to try Stogie's recipe myself. Was that 2 boner enough meat for 3 people??[p]K~G

·
    Hi KennyG,
    Thanks,
    The 2 bone roast was perfect, my buddy is a big meat eater and he pigged out. I was going to get 3 bones but with this being my second rib roast I was not sure if I would screw it up. The next one will be larger. [p]Cheers,
    New Bob

·
  • GloriaGloria Posts: 161
    New Bob,
    We cooked an 18.8 lb standing for Christmas dinner and it was the best meat I have ever eaten...turned out perfect....so go for a biggie; you won't be sorry.

·
  • StogieStogie Posts: 279
    [p]Thanks, New Bob! [p]Glad it turned out for you.[p]Stogie
    ·
  • QBabeQBabe Posts: 2,275
    New Bob,[p]So glad it turned out well! We had leftover prime rib last night too. We had done a 3 boner on New Year's Day and for the two of us, that gave us some to foodsave and freeze. Made a great quick meal after a really late day at work yesterday. Put it in the oven in a roasting pan with a little water in the bottom, stuck a polder and my new Maverick in it (just to play around) and took my receiver into the living room to veg in front of the TV for a few minutes while it heated up. Even reheated, it was wonderful![p]Tonia
    :~)

·
  • BabyrayBabyray Posts: 250
    Stogie,
    How about an email or a post of your prime rib recipe? Thans, Ray

·
    Babyray,
    Here is a link to the thread where Stogie was nice enough to share his recipe with us.[p]Cheers,
    New Bob

[ul][li]Link[/ul]
    ·