Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Last nights Prime rib, Wonderful

BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My thanks to everyone for all the help with with my rib roast cook. Purchased a two bone 4lb'er, bones tied on. Rubbed it with a combination of Dizzy Pig's Cowlick rub and BlueSmoke's Gilded Sprinter's, then mixed a small amount of Worcestershire sauce & A-1 steak sauce together and rubbed that on, finally slathered it with
horseradish, wrapped it in plastic and let it sit for two days in the fridge.[p]Seared at 650° in the medium for about 3min. per side. (Lots of smoke doing this) I left the bones on because the butcher left them hinged at one end, just cut the string off as it would have burned off anyway. [p]Tied the bones back tight and put it
in the large,indirect at 225°, pulled it at 136°, tented about 15min., it rose to 143°, sliced it, a wonderful light pink on the inside with a nice crust on the outside.[p]Now I don't normally eat prime rib but will at a high end restaurant, I have to tell you this was wonderful. Their were three of us and we at the whole thing. My guest could not get over how tender and tasty it was.[p]Pork tenderloins tonight, T bones for Friday night. My friends wife wants to go to her favorite Mexican restaurant one night, he wants me to cook on the egg for him.[p]Cheers and thanks to all,[p]New Bob[p]

Comments