Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mahogany Ribs/Frainch Braid Pics

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ribsbread.jpg
<p />Howdy!
Finally got another batch of photos back. This is how the Ginger Mahogany ribs looked, and my first batch of bread. Fun stuff. Hopefully my link works.[p]Cheers.
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Nature Boy, Good job!! Those ribs and bread look like a pro did em. :-)
    C~W[p][p]

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Just finished lunch which consisted of the BB ribs I cooked over the week-end and had some fresh french baggette bread the wife picked up yesterday. Seeing your picture made me feel that I never left the table.[p]Great job on the food AND the pictures. Glad you made it back from the wilderness without having to fight with the bears over that brisket :~)

• MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    You are an artist in more ways than one. GRRR...ATE food and pics. Thats the biggest croissant I ever saw.[p]MAC

• Mary
    Mary Posts: 190
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    That's a nice looking slug you got there! Nice and browned.[p]Next time you dock the loaf, slash it at a 45 degree angle.

• Ed G.
    Ed G. Posts: 24
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    GREAT looking baby backs!! How long did you smoke them, and was the method direct or indirect?

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Ed G.,
    Tanks! They are spare ribs though, not babybacks. One of those chunks is St. Louis style spare ribs. Cooked them indirect at 300 over liquid for, I think 3.5 hours, then finished up direct (on elevated rack) while brushing on sauce. Details are in New Recipes under NB's Ginger Mahogany Ribs.[p]Tomorrow when I cook Cat's babybacks for lunch with Tim, I will try 250 indirect and see what happens. They don't get sauced, so I will just let them go![p]Cheers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Mary,
    Slug?? Dock?? Man, you will make me a baker yet! Improving my vocabulary too. [p]I assume "docking" is putting the loaf on the stone and slicing??[p]What is this "slug" term?? Doesn't exactly have a pleasant ring to it![p]Always appreciate the feedback
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    MAC,
    Pursheeeate that. [p]For the "croissant", I made the french bread loaf too big, and had to curl it so it would fit on the pizza stone![p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Bob,
    Wow, that is kind of eerie! Some wild coincidences going on around here sometimes. Thanks. We were lucky not to have any problems with bears or critters with all the food we had around. We probably wouldn't have lasted in grizzly country.[p]Seeya
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    You are kind. A long time coming before the "pro" status is achieved!! Give me a few more years!! [p]Shoar was a bunch-o-fun though.[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Mary
    Mary Posts: 190
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Slug was in reference to the shape of it.[p]docking is the slashes on the top. 45 degrees gets the expansion in the right place, but you don't deflate the loaf - tho it looked like it had a good loft anyway.[p]cheers[p]mary

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Mary,
    Thanks. Lots to learn. Deflating sounds like a bad thing!
    Baking is a whole different ballgame for the uninitiated.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    NB - Ribs sure looked good, almost as good as the ones that I made - just kidding, but thanks again for the recipe - they are a little more work than normal, but worth the extra effort! Thanks for the pics.

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    MBR_Ribs02.jpg
    <p />Ed G., check out the link - I used NB's recipe on baby backs - they turned out great - I intentionally made an extra 1/2 rack and refrigerated, then reheated at 30% power for 6 minutes in a microwave - even reheated they were exceptional.[p]
    [ul][li]Nature Boy's Ginger Mahogany (Baby Back) Ribs [/ul]
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Those ribs look great,i will have to try your recipe soon.
    YB

• Elder Ward
    Elder Ward Posts: 330
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Boy Howdy. May I sit at the feet of the master?[p]Elder Ward

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Elder Ward,
    Arrr! Master???
    Speaking of masters, it is nice to see you posting again!![p]Smoke in the eyes.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Those are some of the prettiest ribs that I've seen. Bread looks awesome also. Those ribs are definitely on the to do list.[p]BTW, this weekends brisket I made was pretty good also. I've been trying to work on my BBQ sauce so I just put it in the grill with some Tellicherry/Pink/Green ground pepper, a bit of salt, and thats all, so the taste of the sauce comes through. Cooked about 14 hours, it was a small brisket at 6 pounds, and it was great by itself. I've been eating Q sammiches now for a few days and they're great.[p]Sorry this is taking so long to write, hehehe, but the hand is in a cast up to the knuckles on the hand, shattered metacarple on the hand. Ouch. Pin and plate was an option but I'll settle for a bit of a crooked finger as a result, no loss of mobility theoretically, we'll see in a few weeks when the cast comes off.[p]Are we gonna see some pics of the trip?[p]Troy
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    sprinter,
    Ouch is right! Brisket sounds great, we got our fill over the weekend. I am okay for a while now![p]I'll try and remember to email you some pics of the trip, since it would be off-topic here. Sure is a purty part of the country.[p]Cheers...take care of that hand.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com