Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

favorite bbq sauce recipe

Options
Dawgtired
Dawgtired Posts: 632
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi everyone,
The last time I cooked baby backs I tried one of Bobby Flay's recipes. I liked it but my two daughters didn't care for it at all. So, I'm still in search of that "best" recipe. I've looked through some of the archives but I'm seeing if anyone out there may have that perfect spicy recipe that they would be willing to share. I like Stubbs but would much prefer to make my own. As always, THANKS in advance for your help. You guys are the best.

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    here is the most popular response to your question. i use it regularly
    http://www.eggheadforum.com/archives//2001/messages/70392.htm

hope that helps

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Dawgtired
    Options
    Thanks for the help. I'm from Spartanburg originally. I had a paper route and my mom also worked for the Spartanburg Herald Journal. The owner gave me a baseball autographed by Ty Cobb on Christmas eve, shortly before he died. That was one tough man.

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

• Dawgtired
    Options
    I live in Raleigh. Where is Kitrell? It must be in the western part of the state, since I travel quite a bit in the east and I'm not familiar with it. Also, did you mean to post a recipe? There is nothing there other than "mine".

Ronald Reagan

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Yes I am a Smartass :)

If you are going Commercial and have time to get it try Blues Hog.

Fastest place I know of to get it is from Hawgeye's BBQ

You will find Lotta Bull's Sauce there too.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Kittrell is 47 miles North of Raleigh up US Route 1.

Nope no recipe just the smartass me :)

I promised a certain person on this forum I'd send him some of my sauce. Guess with all this free time on my hands I might as well make some.

If you are in Raleigh I might see to it you get some too.

As that person would say "Just don't hold your breath". I am a bit of a procrastinator.. :woohoo:
  • Peddler
    Options
    I have been using JJ's Q Sauce for about 10 years. Everyone really likes it. It's a tomato-juice/catsup based sauce. I don't see it any longer on the recipe section. If you would like, I can post it. Of course, some folks like just a vinegar-based sauce without the tomatoes.

Peddler
  • Grill With Bill
    Options
    Here's my favorite. It comes from the Jack Daniels cookbook.

Rickyard Sauce

1 Cup Ketchup
    1/4 Cup Jack Daniel's Whiskey
    1/4 Cup Molasses
    1/4 Cup Apple-Cider Vinegar
    1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
    1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
    1 clove garlic, crushed

combine in a saucepan, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes
  • BENTE
    Options
    do you still have the ball?

i have been to the meuseum a couple hundred times.. and i have yet to find a better baseball player.. no one i have found comes close ;)

he was an a$$ but the best of all time

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    keep your fingers crossed B)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb