Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Many thanks for the Chicago Steak & Egg Fest

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,895
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As one of the estimated 300 in attendance today at Carmichael's first eggfest in Chicago I gotta tell you it was wonderful! The food just flowed and flowed all day. While Carbonizer and RonL manned a large egg and 2 sponsors manned another most of the other 8 eggs set up were used sporadically by Carmichael staff. The format differed from other eggfests in that Drbbq and three professional chefs each put on cooking shows that were informative with butt kicking results with plenty to share with the masses. Trust me - if anyone left hungry it was their own fault! Thanks again for a job well done! We'll be back!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Sounds like a great time!
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    but he forgot the pictures... that many people he has to have some pictures.. or one of those ill eggers should see this and post some :P

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    no..."he" being "me" forgot his camera and his cell phone! 5 of us went up together and the brothers Mark and Steve both took many pictures. I'm sure they will be posting the "evidence" soon!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i am sure your picks are not as incriminating as mine were.. hey maybe next year you make eggtoberfest and we ban all cameras :laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Ron_L
    Ron_L Posts: 163
    Options
    It was nice meeting you and the other, RRP.

I have a few pictures but they kept Bob and I so busy on the Eggs that I didn't get much of a chance to use the camera. I'll upload them in the morning.

Bob and I had each brought some finger food to cook. Bob brought his chicken rumaki and I brought bacon-wrapped mushrooms. Besides those they had us cooking samples for the folks from Johnsonville (jalapeno and cheese and chili and cheese sausages), Tyson Foods (Chicken wings), GFS (Hog Wings), and for all of the chefs who were doing on stage demos. We cooked over 100 sausages, 12 large bags of chicken wings, two large bags of hog wings, about three dozen pork chops, 12-15 very nice prime flat iron steaks, some of Dr. BBQs ribeyes and grilled pineapple and our own food. I brought 150 mushrooms and Bob had at least that many rumaki and everything disappeared. At one point we had 6 large Eggs loaded!

It was a lot of fun cooking and talking with people about cooking and Eggs and all sorts of other things.
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    I am so jealous! We both had to work this weekend.

Husband Steve and I have been goofing off sine early June! (Isn't it amazing that with cell phones and Broadband that you can actually pretend to be working wherever you go!)

We have over 10,000 miles on the wee SUV we bought in July. Wouldn't have missed The Royal and EGGtoberfest for anything, Thanks Ray, Nufers, Jodi, Bobby, etc., etc.

The Chicago event will be on our calendar next year, for sure!
  • ILL--EGGER
    Options
    I have to appolagize for the lack of and poor quality of the few photos I got. Keep in mind that the other "main sponsor" was Jack Daniels and by 9:00A.M. I had a micro brew in hand and we didn't leave until 3 or so in the afternoon so the day seemed to "slip away" and so did my photopraphy skills.
    First pic. is of a future egghead that came along and he's standing infront of a outdoor kitchen set-up ($4,700) without Viking frig, egg or umbrella I believe:
    garysmith.jpg
    Shot of the BGE vendor table:
    vendorinchicago.jpg
    Five chefs: Ray Lampe, Kevin Rathbun, Johnsonville Brat chef, Pres. of Chicago culinary (i believe) and the head chef at Carmichaels. Sorry if any of that is wrong:
    5chefs.jpg
    My brother took many more pictures and better quality and he'll post them soon.
  • ILL--EGGER
    Options
    Might be a little better pic. but still not good
    5chefs.jpg
  • Central IL Egger
    Options
    Sorry I missed your post Ron, I put some pics up, too. I gotta say witnessing RRP put away the food was the highlight of the day! You are an EATING MACHINE!
    Can't imagine what could be done to improve the day!

Thanks to all the chefs and Carmichaels!!
  • Carbonizer
    Options
    Ron: I still can't belive we cooked so much food yesterday, it seemed like every time we took something off one of the eggs someone brought something else from the kitchen or the vendors, we need to form a union to stop the "abuse".
    We had some great neighbor's too, the guys from Dirk's Fish on Clyborn made some great lobster, crab and shrimp.
    Good seeing you again and looking foward to the next "Chicagoeggers" get together.

Bob