Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Is your Big Green Egg still cooking even though it’s cold out? We hope so! We love the opportunity to cook heartier meals on the EGG during the winter. Some recipes you definitely want to try are Double Smoked Potatoes, BBQ Chicken Soup, Monte Cristo Sandwich and Breakfast Quiche. These are sure to keep your stomach warm & full! We can’t wait to see what winter-inspired dishes you cook!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Silly Poll

TomM24TomM24 Posts: 1,364
edited 1:34PM in EggHead Forum
Grill Marks on your steak. Should they be perfect squares like Spring Chickens 57$ porterhouse or diamonds. Can you imagine it I'll have my steak medium rare diamonds not squares.

Here's my vote squares good.
IMG_0368.jpg

Diamonds Better
IMG_0354.jpg

Post your vote with supporting pic.

Comments

• My 45/45 rule.
    45 seconds at 650-700, rotate 45 degrees, flip and do the same thing.
    rbeye3.jpg
    filet1-1.jpg

Mike
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    no good sear pick but here

mmturk032.jpg

mmturk033.jpg

it don't matter much to me i guess B)

and btw your squares are diamonds if you turn your head right :blush:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• e9190682.jpg

32144591.jpg

caveman022.jpg

caveman028.jpg

caveman032.jpg

mini059.jpg

thighs012.jpg

londonbroil007.jpg
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    I can't tell but it sure was good

100_2576.jpg

100_2578.jpg

100_2581.jpg
  • Boss HoggBoss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    I see you started in on the Yuengling Porter :cheer:. My son went to grad school at K-State and would take a pick-up truck load of Yuengling out to Kansas each Fall and again after each Christmas break! His vet school friends loved it.
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
  • Those look like tire tracks to me LOL...

Spring "X Marks The Spot" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • and the difference is????????????
  • DSC_0012.jpg
    Taste and texture is what counts for me!
    Ross
  • I've been told that stripes are the way to go, but diamonds make the wife happy
    ribeye2.jpg
  • J AppledogJ Appledog Posts: 1,046
    My favorite butcher shop is way across town. He sells only prime beef, and the best chicken you ever tasted, which comes from his neighbor's farm. They process deer, too. When I pulled up this afternoon there were pickup trucks lined up to unload slain bambis. I bought 2 porterhouses and a T-bone for 5 people tonight. It's raining and sleeting and wanting to snow here. Bad for grilling. As long as my husband cooks the meat to perfection (which he ALWAYS does) I don't give a rat's butt about the grill marks!

The butcher shop doesn't take plastic (what's with THAT?)
    I was short $5.63 and he allowed me to scribble an I.O.U. on a scrap of paper. God bless America!

P.S. No one at the butcher shop can spell. I have really funny stories to relate about that...
  • bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Tom don't belive Pat, he doesn't eat meat anymore. I think it is his teeth or something. :whistle: :whistle:
    To answer you poll, it is diamonds. No pics, meat does not last long in this house.
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    Diamonds, they are a girls best friend ya know! B)
    That's what LC tells me all the time. I keep telling her, diamonds are not for the kitchen. :whistle: She does not agree. :angry:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    hey come on now Tim if they are big enough and set right they are for EVERYTHING and EVERYWHERE! :evil: Neil thinks that too but I just tell him that I am a big girl with man hands :ermm: I need something that will show up! enough said!
    Julie, let me put this in a different light, she has a Ten Carrot culinary degree and then some. lol
  • Way way back at the early stage of the Beatles popularity they had a great tune that went "Lucy in the sky with DIAMONDS" Just think how poorly it would have sold with squares instead.
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    perhaps a bit too pragmatic (though maybe only with regard to this one thing!), but i flip once. i get parallel lines every time ( :blink: )!

funny, because i'm a visualist by nature, but i don't see the need to flip three times for pretty lines. opening the lid two more times than i need to, etc.

steak looks nice to me nice and simple
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • reelgemreelgem Posts: 4,256
    Showoff!!! J/K looks very nice. Do you use CI grates?