Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Snow and the Pig

Options
Hooter
Hooter Posts: 134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got 3" of the white stuff here in Columbia, MD today, still coming down a little bit. Got the egg fired up and Porky's loins are going to get hot very soon. I love cooking in the inclement weather! Anyone else cooking in snow tonight?

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Hooter,
    I wish we had some of that white stuff. We are going on a record 50 (no misprint) days of no moisture. Easily a record. I personally enjoy the changing of the seasons. A little brisk north wind never hurt anybody.[p]CWM

• Drivr
    Drivr Posts: 163
    Options
    eggsnow.jpg
    <p />Hooter,
    We got over a foot in Seabrook NH in the last 2 days and I cooked Pork Chops and Acorn squash on the egg tonight.

• StumpBaby
    StumpBaby Posts: 320
    Options
    Drivr,[p]ahh..but that's nothing...over 2 feet of that stuff in the last 2 days over in Peterborough NH. [p]Doh![p]StumpBaby
  • Vogs
    Vogs Posts: 41
    Options
    Dsc00267.jpg
    <p />Hooter,[p]Only about an inch of snow here in Chicago. Kinda of a rainy/snowy thing today. Did manage to cook this for my wifes birthday though.[p]Vogs
  • ColaCooker
    Options
    Vogs,
    Looks great! What is it?
    CC

• Vogs
    Vogs Posts: 41
    Options
    ColaCooker,[p]Came out of a new cook book I got for Christmas called "Where there is smoke , there is flavor". It is a flank steak that has been cut in half length wise then pound thin. Then covered with garlic, pancetta, raisens, pine nuts, romana cheese and parsley. Rolled up and cooked indirect at about 250° for 2 hours. I also made a tomato sauce that went over it. [p]Vogs

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Vogs,
    Who is the author of your new cookbook?[p]QBabe
    :~)

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    smokegar.jpg
    <p />Hooter,[p]
    Call me a wimp if you will. I prefer to cook from the comfort and convenience of my garage WHILE it snows.[p]K~G

• Julie
    Julie Posts: 133
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    I agree with you. We had an inch of snow on New Year's Day, but with temps near 50 every day (kind of unusual for January in Iowa), it didn't stay around long. I also enjoy the changing seasons, I don't miss the 50 below, but we really could use the moisture. With no rain for 2 months this summer and very little snow this winter, the ground is really hurting.
    Julie