Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pork tenderloin success--thanks everyone

Options
TRex
TRex Posts: 2,714
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thank you to everyone who contributed to my pork tenderloin question. I cooked two last night for my wife and 5 guests, and man did they devour those things as if they hadn't eaten in two weeks.[p]I used a paste/rub on the tenderloins, and grilled them direct for about 15 minutes/side to 145 degrees internal. They were perfectly done--EXTREMELY juicy. The rub consisted of the following ingredients, in relatively similar proportions, except for the brown sugar which I tripled:[p]kosher salt
black pepper
cayenne pepper
cumin
onion powder
garlic powder
turbinado sugar
brown sugar
cinnamon
allspice
olive oil
maple syrup[p]Yum, yum. I'll probably go a little lighter on the cumin next time--that was really my only criticism.[p]Will do these more often.[p]TRex

Comments

• Pig Sooie
    Options
    TRex,[p]I was watching this thread the other day and wandering how it turned out for you. What temp did you use? I plan on trying this sometime this week.[p]Thanks in advance.
  • TRex
    Options
    Pig Sooie,[p]I cooked them between 325 and 350, although one time I walked away and the temperature shot up to 400, during which time some flames gave my sugar-based paste/rub a nice char on one side. Well, too nice--the tenderloins kind of stuck to the grill grate. So, if you do use a sugary rub and you're cooking direct, I recommend maintaining no higher than 350 dome--you don't want any flames. The other side that didn't get exposed to flames turned out perfectly.[p]These were very easy and delicious. Good luck![p]TRex

• Mac  in NC
    Mac in NC Posts: 287
    Options
    TRex, Did you use any smoke wood? Think I'll try these tomorrow. Mac

• TRex
    Options
    Mac in NC,[p]I didn't use any wood this time, but will probably throw in some apple chunks next time. These are fun to do and really easy. Remember to tie the thin section back onto the thick section for more even cooking.[p]Good luck![p]TRex