Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

tonights supper with some carnivore Que sauce!

mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
edited 12:55AM in EggHead Forum
well here is tonight's eats!cooked a god pork roast first time doing one like this and it was real good. rubbed with raging river and then before pulling i coated it with a thin coat of big un's sauce(got to ration the stuff it is almost all gone!) coked to 153 internal and rested a good 15 minutes.
results were melt in your mouth and the taste was superb!
and for desert i made some home made vanilla ice cream!

019-7.jpg
020-6.jpg
021-7.jpg
022-4.jpg
·

Comments

• Mike,

What egg temp buddy? Looks good!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    i seared it first at 550 for like 1 minute a side then pulled and got the egg down to 350 ish and then put it back on t'ill i got 153 read on the thermapen. took 1.5 hours to cook. was the first time i did one like that. picked it up a few weeks ago for like 4 something on sale. i should have grab more!!
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    That really looks good Mike, especially the frenched bones. -RP
    ·
  • aaindaaind Posts: 235
    That is awsome ,the ice cream just like home
    Dave
    ·
  • mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    thanks randy can you believe i only paid 4 something for it.biggest problem is i only picked up one!! :pinch:
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Mike,
    What a great looking cook wowwwwwwwwww it's almost as if the sauce has completely transformed this otherways normal dish into a prize winning one. The ice cream looks great too......Felicidades y Saludos!!!
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    That looks divine! I can almost taste it.

Very nice.
    ·
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Wow Mike! Those look incredible. Ice cream looks great too.
    ·