Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

tonights supper with some carnivore Que sauce!

mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
edited 5:20PM in EggHead Forum
well here is tonight's eats!cooked a god pork roast first time doing one like this and it was real good. rubbed with raging river and then before pulling i coated it with a thin coat of big un's sauce(got to ration the stuff it is almost all gone!) coked to 153 internal and rested a good 15 minutes.
results were melt in your mouth and the taste was superb!
and for desert i made some home made vanilla ice cream!

• Mike,

What egg temp buddy? Looks good!

Caledon, ON

• mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    i seared it first at 550 for like 1 minute a side then pulled and got the egg down to 350 ish and then put it back on t'ill i got 153 read on the thermapen. took 1.5 hours to cook. was the first time i did one like that. picked it up a few weeks ago for like 4 something on sale. i should have grab more!!
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    That really looks good Mike, especially the frenched bones. -RP
  • aaindaaind Posts: 235
    That is awsome ,the ice cream just like home
  • mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    thanks randy can you believe i only paid 4 something for it.biggest problem is i only picked up one!! :pinch:
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    What a great looking cook wowwwwwwwwww it's almost as if the sauce has completely transformed this otherways normal dish into a prize winning one. The ice cream looks great too......Felicidades y Saludos!!!
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,171
    That looks divine! I can almost taste it.

Very nice.
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Wow Mike! Those look incredible. Ice cream looks great too.