Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Stand Suggestions

Options
Morro Bay Rich
Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I need a stand for my mini. I have very little room and need something that can stay outside and will raise the Mini to 36" to 40" above the deck. I've seen a pic of someone using a fern stand and another of a kitchen cart with a hole cut in it. I'd appreciate any and all suggestions on how to solve this problem.

Right now I have the Mini in its iron ring stand and have to lift it from ground level to place it on an elevated table. What I'm trying to do is head off the day when I'm going to drop it.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    my solution of using a 15" stand is short of your expectations, but unless you get a really stable stand at the height it's going to be top heavy and prone to tip over. Here's a slide show which shows the nesting that is useful when traveling. The draw back is the use of green feet makes it less stable nor is there a shield from sparks so it needs to be used on concrete, stone or ground.IMG_0701.jpg
    IMG_2002.jpg
    IMG_2003.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Buckwoody Egger
    Options
    I like looking at IKEA for ideas.

They have an inexpensive outdoor folding table for $30click here that could be left outside.

They even have a outdoor table for 4 people with a hot plate in the middle for $99 click here if you wanted to grill right where you ate.

If you are wanting a nested approach for stability and are willing to do some cutting and varnishing, you could cut a hole in their $60 island
    click here. To support the mini nested in the hole, you could either install the middle shelf at a height just under the top or assemble as pictured and add support boards just under the table top skirt.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    Those are very helpful retail suggestions. I have a plan I tore out from a Popular Mechanics magazine years ago that just begged to be modified for a small or a mini BGE. As the season changes and I schedule my winter woodworking projects I'm thinking I need to move that project to the forefront. As a teaser it's a collapsible table with side working/serving space. Actually pretty cool design. I hear the sirens in my work shop calling me!!!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Options
    Wonderful ideas!!! Thanks a bunch.
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    Good to see you Rich.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA