Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Seafood & Sausage Chowder

Options
QBabe
QBabe Posts: 2,275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
seafood-chowder.jpg
<p />Used a recipe from the Jamison's "Sublime Smoke" called Crawfish and Andolle Chowder(I know it isn't spelled right, but don't have the cookbook here). I couldn't get crawfish, so substituted shrimp. Made a few other changes, so it became "Seafood and Sausage Chowder". Turned out GREAT![p]QBabe
:~)

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    QBabe,[p]Looks awfully good on a cold day like today![p]Smokey
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    QBabe, that looks great. Here is another that I've made a few times - original recipe from a magazine.[p]Chicken-n-Shrimp Tortilla Soup

3/4 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
    1 2/3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
    6 5-1/2 inch corn tortillas
    4 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
    1 14 1/2 oz can Mexican style stewed tomatoes
    1 cup chopped onion
    1/3 cup rice
    1 tsb cumin seed
    1 tbl cooking oil
    2 tbl lime juice
    3 tbl snipped fresh cilantro
    1 tsb hot sauce (or a dash of Tabasco sauce)

Crisp Tortilla Shreds: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush 6 5-1/2 inch corn tortillas with 1 tablespoon cooking oil. Salt and pepper the tortillas. Cut tortillas into thin (1/2 inch wide) shreds. Arrange as a single layer on a cookie sheet - bake for about 8 minutes or until crisp.

In large saucepan, cook onion and cumin seed in hot oil until onion is tender - about 4 minutes. Add broth, un-drained tomatoes. cilantro and lime juice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and add the rice, chicken and hot sauce. Let simmer until rice is done. Add shrimp and cook for about 3 minutes or until shrimp turns pink.

Ladle into bowls and top with tortilla shreds. Makes about six servings.
    [p]

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    QBabe,[p]Drool....[p]That looks delicious! Especially considering all of the rain/snow/slush/sleet/freezing rain we've been getting lately.
  • Mike Oelrich
    Options
    QBabe,[p] But what temperature was it? Warmer than that beer, I hope ;-).[p]Mike
  • QBabe,
    Oh man does that look good! I've got to get that book.[p]John,