Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bacon Recommendations?

Options
Kip
Kip Posts: 87
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Can anyone recommend a leaner bacon that is generally available? Made some ABTs this week and the bacon was much too fatty.

Comments

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    Kip,
    One of the major brands, I beleive it is Oscar Mayer, makes a center cut bacon. It has less fat than regular, and still tastes good. You might even try the turkey bacon.[p]~nikki

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Kip,[p]There are several brands of "center cut" bacon available. We use it for all of our bacon wrapped whatevers. [p]The slightly smaller and meatier rashers are probably just what you are looking for.[p]K~G

• Seattle Todd
    Options
    Kip,[p]Don't know if you can find it where you are but the BEST bacon I've ever tasted is Nueske's out of Wisconsin. Only one chain of stores around me carries it but if they stopped it's one of the few items I'd bother to mail order.[p]Really, really good to use for any wrapped item. I make bacon-wrapped scallops a lot with it and its lean enough that you don't have to worry about the scallops being rubber by the time the bacon has rendered enough fat to be edible.
    [ul][li]Nueske's Applewood Smoked Bacon[/ul]