Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My ribs...a modern day Greek mythology

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,888
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My rack of baby back ribs last night was one of the finest I've ever egged. I chowed down until I was full and still had 5 ribs left. So into the refrig they went.

Just like Homer's epic in the Odyssey those 5 ribs were beautiful sirens calling my name. At 1:00AM I awoke to their calling and went to the kitchen, nuked one and ate it. WOWSER was it good! Then at 5:00AM they were calling me again so I ate 2 more. Guess I'll save the...huh...sorry gotta go I'm being called!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: What a wonderful Epic Story...any sirens left??
  • Central IL Egger
    Options
    RON??! NO PICS?!?!?
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Mark, I chowed down on 2 right off the egg before bringing inside - just to make sure they were OK - don'tchaknow? So they looked slightly damaged by that point, but tasted so good I forgot the camera. Not really sure why these were head and shoulders, though I still feel the pork itself has a lot to do with it. OTOH I did cut the Blue's Reg by mixing in Blue's TN Red on a 3 to 1 basis - that calms down the sweetness a tad.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • swamprb
    Options
    Nice story, mine in my mind was a Greek tragedy-something possessed me to foil a rack a spares and a rack of babies last night, they looked great but not comp worthy. In a disgusted tone I pronounced them overcooked and my family shouted "we hope their falling off the bone done!" They scarfed them bones and loved every bite-I didn't say a word!