Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rutland Gasket...where to order?

Options
Okeejohn
Okeejohn Posts: 297
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So, where or who do I get in touch with about ordering a Rutland Gasket?? I ordered one on-line but I believe the glue was no good because after a couple of cooks, the gasket just lifted right off. I followed the directions to the letter on the Naked Wiz site. In hind sight, I remember the glue being very thick and not flowing well. I used a seraded blade to trowel it on but it had a hard time sticking to the ceramic rim of the BGE. Any ideas? This ever happened to anyone else?? Should I get a Nomex gasket instead??

Okeejohn
Okeechobee, Fl

Comments

• Ashman
    Ashman Posts: 375
    Options
    I haven't used the Rutland, but did get a nomex from the mothership. Adhesive failed, and then used 3m 77. No problems 2 months later. Good luck.

Liv'n XL in Jax Fl
    Gordon
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Same experience as Up in Smoke - I'm over the moon with the Nomex.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    sorry, can't help you...that RRP guy on TNW Rutland site seldom EVER posts here...
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • swamprb
    Options
    I've had a Rutland gasket on my old Large with no problems, I installed another on my demo Egg and it just pulled off after a dozen cooks. Same rope gasket, same cement. Followed the directions to a T. Just the other day I installed a felt gasket with Permatex High Temp silicone because I had some from another project and we'll see how long this lasts! This will be the 4th gasket since the Eggfest in September. 3M77 is on my shopping list.

100_2949.jpg