Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Slow Eggers...

RodsMan of MD
RodsMan of MD Posts: 7
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi all,[p]Did a quick search on the forum but couldn'f find an answer so here I am. I still like to cook lo-n-slow and was wondering if any of you had a time/pound estimate for pork tenderloin on a large BGE @ ~210 degrees. Hard to gauge, I know, but some ranges would be good.Saw some big ones at Shoppers the other day and have family coming in this weekend. Don't want them eying me if it takes too long:))[p]Thanks and Happy New Year!

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Rodsman of MD, if you saw big ones, are you sure it's not a pork loin instead of a tenderloin? Tenderloins are only about two inches in diameter. Pork loins are much bigger. If you are going to cook a pork loin (or a tenderloin) at 210 or so, be sure to layer it with plenty of bacon. It will dry out on you since there is not a lot of fat in a loin. I did two lins yesterday at 300 and it took about 2:15 for the four pounder (to 170) and about 3:15 for the 8 pounder (to 160).

• Wise One,[p]Thanks Wise One and a typo on my part! It's been awhile since I did one of these and of course, my notes list all details except the time.[p]Thanks again...
  • Rodsman of MD, cook until 145-150 internal temp and then let it rest for 10 minutes. slice and the juices will run. I usually cook mine at 275-300 and have no problems with drying out.

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Rodsman of MD,
    Now, when you get some pork tenderloins, go at 325-350 for about 40 minutes for a great, easy cook!