Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First wings on BGE

NessmuckNessmuck Posts: 66
edited 7:06AM in EggHead Forum
Best wings I have ever had.
Compactflash1002.jpg
·

Comments

• StanleyStanley Posts: 623
    How did you do them?
    ·
  • Cover with cayenne pepper to taste, followed by a gernerous coat of Head Country dry rub. Place in large storage bag, add Franks Red Hot and shake. On egg for about 2 hours at 225-250, increase heat to 325-350 for aout 1/2 hour to crisp them up.
    ·
  • those look good. Man look at that brand spankin new BGE too... So you sauced them first then slow cooked?
    ·
  • Mostly dry seasoning. Just enough Red Hot to give them some heat. Not enough to make them sloppy.
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    They look nice - great color.
    ·
  • Dang Wayne. You need to cook a little more. That egg looks to new. Another great day in KC, excpet for the Chefs. :(

Mike
    ·
  • Same egg the next afternoon. Since then I have done another round of burgers, more wings, two chickens, a brisket, three butts and I seared two home grown ribeyes this afternoon. It's almost broke in.
    Compactflash1005.jpg
    ·
  • GREAT JOB!
    ·
  • BoogieBoogie Posts: 137
    Good pics. Wings are about my favorite thing to cook on the egg.
    ·
  • I think you have it down B)
    ·