Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Spatchcock Turkey ?

dicksondickson Posts: 4
edited 4:07AM in EggHead Forum
We did a couple of spatchcock chickens last Sunday, and as usual they turned out just perfectly. One hour at 350 - could not get any easier.

It left me wondering if anyone has ever tried to cook a whole turkey spatchcock style?

If so, would you mind sharing your tips? I'd like to try it. Thanks - Dickson

Comments

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Do it just like the chickens. Works great. It is a little tougher to cut the backbone out, but otherwise very similar.

Indirect at 350* or so until 185 in the thigh and 160 in the breast.

TurkeyDone.Small.jpg
  • That's a beauty. Thanks!
  • Woody69Woody69 Posts: 360
    I was wondering the same thing. Thanks. Looks good !