Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

turbo grate question

JazzmanJazzman Posts: 62
edited 8:11AM in EggHead Forum
I've seen the ads for the turbo grate, and although the benefits sound nice, I just can't wrap my head around how the thing looks or works. I don't have any fan control device, and don't really see the need for one for me at this point. Do many of you have and/or recommend the turbo grate? Or should I just wait and get a Digi Q when the time is right? Would one have / use both? Thanks in advance for any insight!
·

Comments

• FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    PBM didn't care for it so the next time I have both eggs going for low and slow I'm going to try it in one without using the DigiQ on either. Curious to see if there's a difference.

100_2616.jpg
    ·
  • have and recommend i saw it in action at a fest that fred was cooking at. it works great , there should be a pic on bbq guru and fred has a bunch of you tube vidoes i think there is a turbograte one.
    it gives better air flow and does not take the place of a digi q and you can use both at the same time it just takes the place of the grate. many here raise the grate a 1/4 of an inch with bolts .. this does kind of the same thing. hope this helps
    bill
    ·
  • JCinGAJCinGA Posts: 139
    IMHO the turbograte is a piece of junk. I have never been able to get it to work to my satisfaction. Lord knows, I have tried to give it every chance but to no avail. So I say save your money and put it towards a Digi Q.
    ·
  • DSCN2580.jpg
    I love my Turbo Grate it works great.

Ross
    ·