Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

EGGtoberfest Cookbook

Wise One
Wise One Posts: 2,645
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I need more recipes. While I know a few of the things that have been cooked before (for which I already have the recipes - e.g. Max's steamed fish and AlaskanC's fabulous fresh salmon with BUTTER and onions - there are many more that I have forgotten about, Be sure I include them. Send me a note at b1llw1se at bellsouth dot net and tell me what you liked or what your served that you've done before. Here's what I have so far:
EGGtoberfest2008
Yankee's Cat Fish Stew
Bente's Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Bente's Tomato Stuffed Tenderloin
Blueberry-Pineapple Dutch Oven Cobbler
Black Forest Cobbler
Cheese Crisps
Pork Tenderloin Stuffed with Applesauce
Pork Tenderloin Stuffed with Tomato
Cheesy Crab Bites
Rum Pound Cake
Day Before Peach French Toast
Antipasto Appetizer
Easy Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Cuban Steak Sandwiches
London Broil
Bread Pudding
Bourbon Meatballs
Honey Lemon Shrimp
South Of The Border Stuffed Fritos
Geaux Tiger Blackened Redfish
Eggtoberfest 2008 Little Steven Kafta
Focaccia Bread
Beverage, Bloody Marys, FlaPoolman
Monkey Bread
Pork Tenderloin Stuffed with Spinach, Fontina Cheese, and Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
Baked Potatoes
Banana Nut Bread
"Oh My Gawd" Brownies
Grilled Salmon - Eggtoberfest 2008

Comments

• i sure hope you aren't putting egrets brownies in there!!. .. if you do, it better include a disclaimer!!!

eggtoberfest08015.jpg

:woohoo: :woohoo:
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Hey Bill, Sally and I did Big Murths puerco adobo, here's a link to the recipe on the BGE site.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_recipes&Itemid=71&func=detail&id=254

And as usual, I will be happy to host the cookbook when you get it ready
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    I hope there is not a hint of Raising the steaks rub on these brownies.
  • probably would have helped em!!
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Little Steven's Ground Lamb Skewers.
  • As will I! Thanks for all the work you do, Bill.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Looking forward to that book. Sure hope that, who ever did the Scottish short bread sends you that receipe. It was excellent. Thank's so much for all the work you do on the fest cookbooks. I've got about five years worth of them and use receipes out of them all the time. Just won a contest at work with a variation of the "Dizzy Pig Nad Stew". Thank's again.
    Gordon
  • Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    Bill,

I sent you my Mango shrimp & Mango crisp recipes about a week ago. I don't see them on your list. Could you confirm receipt of these two, as they got numerous thumbs up at the 'fest.

Roudy
  • Yes! yes!, Must have the Mango Shrimp in the book! I requested one (1) long before they were even started and waited while they cooked just to make sure I got my one shrimp and it was well worth the wait. Mark
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Please inculde your email. Thanks
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Now that is a big hee hee.
  • Tractor
    Tractor Posts: 288
    Hey Wise One: just sent recipe for Shrimp Diablos. Shoot me back an e-mail when you've received it. Thanks!
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
  • Wise One
    Thanks. They had gotten lost in my inbox. Now added.
  • Wise One
    It was. Just read the note and substitute @ for 'at' and "." for 'dot'. Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to spam me.
  • Wise One
    I got a few more recipes and was reminded of a few more from previous years. A few mentioned things they really enjoyed and I'd like to get those as well. I'll go ahead and get a first edition out this weekend and then try to get a few more recipes (and correct the errors egret finds) and publish again in a couple of weeks.
  • In retrospect, I realize I did not take nearly enough pictures.

I'd like this young lady's beer chili recipe, if it means I'll be having as much fun as she:
    IMG_0170.jpg

The ABTs from Tractor (Trace Scarborough) were especially good, and I didn't write down his source for that cool rack (if memory serves, it was from a vendor called "Desert something."
    IMG_0173.jpg

Not sure what this was, but it looked good:
    IMG_0171.jpg

How about Little Stephen's chicken satay?

Some cooking notes on the whole piggy would be a fun addition to the book:
    IMG_0179.jpg

And most of all, I don't have a picture, but there was a gentleman who was making sourdough crust pizza with basil picked right off the plants in front of him. Just 3 minutes per side, per a timer, and I think the reason I don't have a pic is that I was too busy stuffing my face with pizza. He was using a radiant non-contact thermometer and cooking on a 550º stone. The dough was especially loose and he pressed it out premade plastic container quantities rather than slapping it. I'd really like his recipe, as I would like to cook pizza exactly like that, his pizzas were exceptional!
  • what about the Scottish shortbread ?
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    The guy in the last picture looks as happy as the pig to be in your picture :ohmy:
  • When and where will this cookbook be available? Sounds awesome!
  • Bill,
    I have was hoping to see the recipe for the Prime rib that the North of The Border guys from Ontario cooked. It was a boneless 16# Prime Rib cut wrapped in Proschetta. It was gone in about 13 minutes after it was cooked. I had a small taste, it was outstanding. :P

We want to do one for Christmas dinner.

I hope our friends from Ontario will forward the details.
  • Banana Foster's Pizza

14" Pizza

The Crust
    2 cans of Crescent rolls

The Sauce
    1.5 sticks of butter or margarine
    1.5 cups of light brown sugar
    2 table spoons cinnamon
    1 teaspoon nutmeg
    1/3 cup of lemon juice
    4 Bananas, sliced
    3 table spoons corn starch
    2 shots Gran Mariner

Directions
    The Crust
    Mold together crescent roll dough and spread over the pizza pan. Do not grease the pan

Sauce
    Mix sauce ingredients together except for corn starch
    Heat in pan till Boiling
    Lightly add corn starch while stirring to obtain desired thickness

Pour sauce on crust and Bake at 375 deg till crust is light brown, cool then serve.
  • Bill,

Recipes for Banana Foster Pizza & Poppers.

I'll work on the guys to get me the others..

Thanks,

Gary

Banana Foster's Pizza
    14" Pizza

The Crust
    2 cans of Crescent rolls

The Sauce
    1.5 sticks of butter or margarine
    1.5 cups of light brown sugar
    2 table spoons cinnamon
    1 teaspoon nutmeg
    1/3 cup of lemon juice
    4 Bananas, sliced
    3 table spoons corn starch
    2 shots Gran Mariner

Directions

The Crust
    Mold together crescent roll dough and spread over the pizza pan. Do not grease the pan

Sauce
    Mix sauce ingredients together except for corn starch Heat in pan till Boiling Lightly add corn starch while stirring to obtain desired thickness Pour sauce on crust and Bake at 375 deg till crust is light brown, cool then serve.

40 Popper's

Ingredient's
    20 fresh jalapeño's
    16 oz cream cheese
    1 lb ground mild (or hot) Italian sausage
    1.5 lb hickory smoked beacon

Direction's
    Halve pepper's and clean. Save about 20 - 30 seeds for filling. Add more seeds for extra heat.
    Brown Italian sausage as you would ground beef and drain Combine sausage, cream cheese, and seeds Stuff peppers with filling and wrap with a half slice of beacon On cooking stone or greased cookie sheet bake at 375 for 35 - 45 minutes or until beacon is golden brown

Serve - Ranch dipping sauce is optional
  • Tractor
    Dave, never saw this until just now! LOL Thank you for the kind mention. Looking forward already to Eggtoberfest 2010!!!
  • Tractor
    By the way, the chili grills can be purchased from IronDesert.com ! They have a variety of them as well as pepper corers.