Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Options
mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i was just flipping through the channels and came across the oklahoma/nebraska football game and saw that the score was 49 - 14 OK.. .and i thought, ok sounds about right, until i looked and realized, HOLY COW, ITS ONLY THE SECOND QUARTER!!!!!. ..how does nebraska get beat that badly?????. .you cornhusker fans be really proud tonight!!!

and how about that beat down that florida gave georgia today!!!!. .. i'm sure georgia is really proud of that stupid full team dance they did in the florida end zone last year now!!!!. ..

and now i'm watching texas tech stomp all over texas in the first half of their game. .. .another crazy weekend for college football!!! ...(texas still has time to come back in that one though). .. .

Comments

• EGGLANDS BEST
    Options
    there are a lot of quiet fans in GA tonight :whistle: that was a great game :laugh:
  • EGGLANDS BEST
    Options
    Hey Max,

FLA ST lost also
  • Jeffersonian
    Options
    Yeah, things have certainly gone downhill in Lincoln these last few year, though for a Mizzou fan it's cause for more than a little schadenfreude. Looks like 'Bama might be atop the AP tomorrow. Bear Bryant must be looking down and smiling...
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Go Gators!!!!

I'm sitting here in the Churchill Hotel in DC at the annual NCURA conference I attend. Just spent a wonderful evening at the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts enjoying the National Symphony Orchestra and an evening with Wagner...WOW!

I'll be here until Wednesday, if you or any of the other locals are nearby...I'd love to visit.
  • Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    Options
    The Husker's proud heritage was almost completely obliterated over the last few years by coach callahan and the former athletic director. It will be quite awhile, if ever, before they get it back. I marched with the Band in Memorial Stadium during some of the Glory years, and it is hard to watch....
  • Bob-O
    Bob-O Posts: 211
    Options
    To quote you "you cornhusker fans be really proud tonight!!! " Yes I am proud, but not happy about what has happened. But, I am proud of a program that I have enjoyed for over 40 years. We are lucky to be Husker fans, lucky enough to be at the game of the century in 1971 against Oklahoma which we won, lucky enough to be at home games when a team would beat us at home and we would cheer them for their effort as they left the field, lucky enough to have a winning percentage that others can only dream of, yes we are proud of so many things over the years.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Yea, that sucker punch at Mizzou to a fan a couple years ago sure must have been a proud moment.
  • Bob-O
    Options
    Normally I can respond to a lot of comments made by intelligent people that see things different than I do, but yours has me speechless. Either your are a moron or I dumb-founded over the statement of a genius.
  • Fidel
    Options
    Let's go with me being a moron.

I know of no other major college program that tolerates their players sucker punching the fans of opposing teams at the end of a game.
  • With all the serious crimes many college football players are involved in, a fan getting punched, as bad as that is, does not compare.
    The poor guy was simply speaking up for a team with an impressive history that had a very bad day.
  • Fidel
    Options
    Serious crimes committed by players while off the field are one thing. Sucker punching a fan immediately after a loss while in uniform is another.

The player got a one game suspension if I recall - that is ridiculous.

Sorry, but I have been a lifelong Nebraska detractor and that incident was just ugly - one of the ugliest in college football history.
  • Bob-O
    Options
    I am letting this one go. I have read many of your posts about the topic of egging and have enjoyed them. But tonight I have no idea where you are coming from.
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    after a great come-back by texas, texas tech pulls out the win. .. great game!!!. . .

frankly, i really don't care who won any of these games. ...i went to the REAL AU (american university), we didn't have a football team. .. so i have no allegiance to any college football team. .. i just enjoy watching a good football game when its presented. . .and i just hate to see college football being run by greed and money (and don't try and tell me its not). ..the BCS is BS. ...if it weren't for greed and money, there'd be a 16 team playoff just like there is in division 2 football, and there would be a true national champion every year. ...but then we wouldn't have our precious money making bowl games. ..oh well. ...maybe someday ...
  • Michael B
    Options
    I read an article that was written by someone who went around the country attending college home games, dressed in visiting team colors, and sitting in home team territory. After attending a couple Nebraska games, the last one a playoff game between Nebraska and Kansas, he said that Nebraska fans were the best in the country; cheering the Kansas team (who won the game) as they left the field, and congratulating him personally and wishing his team well in the games to come.
    Everybody has events in their past they aren’t proud of. It doesn’t take much of a person to ignore all the good in order to dig up what little dirt there may be.
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    sorry guys, didn't mean to start a flame war here with my "proud" comment ...it was meant more as a joke. ..at least i don't think nebraska has ever been put on NCAA probation like so many other programs (of course, i could be wrong there ... .and yes, i do remember the glory years of the early 70s. ..still remember the punt return by rogers (it was rogers right?) against oklahoma, and the back to back orange bowl wins .... great teams back then. ...amazing how a program can fall on such hard times. ..bad coaching, and in college ball, even worse recruiting. ...
  • I agree with you that a one game suspension was not enough. In the NFL when Jerry Jones decided not to suspend Pacman because of the lame excuse Jerry came up with, Roger Godell stepped up. Does not the NCAA have a "Roger Godell"?
    As for the while in uniform comment, I go by the crime committed, not what clothes were worn during the crime. Speaking of on field incidents, my favorite was when the band ran onto the field while the play was still going. A classic. Another classic was when I punched the kid running for a touchdown.
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Options
    That was an amazing game. Only thing I didn't understand was at the end, knowing you were kicking off after being penalized, why not go for a two point conversion to make it a 7 point game? Nothing to lose if you don't get it and stranger things have happened.

Where would the college season be this year without the Big 12. They have a terrific matchup every week. Like the SEC used to in recent years.
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    yep, i wondered the same thing. . . i sometimes think that coaches don't know how to count worth a damn. ...in college or the pros. ...
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Unbiased opinion. Pitt or Washington on MNF. point total would help.
    NU is light years away from where they used to be. IMHO will never get back.
    Talked to LR today and told him to relax, Tech was going to win.

Mike
  • SmokeRing
    Options
    ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!We should be #1 after todays vote.
  • Fidel
    Options
    My post was meant in good fun too Max. I guess a couple guys took it the wrong way.

I apologize to Bob-O and Michael B if they took it personally, but I didn't attack them personally like they did me. I guess some people take their football team a lot more personally than I.
  • Smokin' Todd
    Options
    Ya know I grew up 5 minutes from Rutgers and that explains why myself and most people in my area are just not into college football. It's amazing that the NY area is the largest metropolis in the world, but one catch is there are no college powerhouses in any college sport.
    Anyway, for the past couple of years my focus on college football has greatly increased! It used to be every saturday there were ALWAYS huge blowouts and ranked teams always beat up on mediocre unranked teams- just too predictable. But now it has become more like the NFL where it seems anyone can beat anyone. Just like the matchups u mentioned- How about, for another example, Rutgers??? They blow out PITT, then PITT beats Notre Dame. 10 years ago that would never have happened.
    College football is making such a huge turn around!