Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

BGE Halloween Costume

GrumpsGrumps Posts: 182
edited 10:51PM in EggHead Forum
While sitting on my back deck a month ago and smoking some ribs, my wife and I began contemplating what we should be at Halloween. What would be more fun than to be a BGE?

We got a bucket that trees come in from a local nursery to make the base and used an exercise ball for the top and my wife put paper mache over them to make it sturdy and provide texture. The damper top is from a quaker oat box. The grid is wooden dowels glued to wooden supports that run front-to-back across my shoulders to hold it up. The thermometer is real (not BGE) and the handle is my old one after I got a Lawn Ranger handle for my large. I used an extra ash screen that I had for detail and made the wings out of balsa wood. The mask came from an online store and there you have it. It took my wife (especially) and I a while to make but the expressions from the people at the party was worth it. They know how much I love my BGE so they knew exactly who I was when they saw the costume. Here are some pictures, let me know what you think.

• emt_24emt_24 Posts: 94
    Man thats awesome!
  • AshmanAshman Posts: 375
    Great costume!! I had to show this thread to my wife to prove I wasn't the only egghead with a problem, I mean serious hobby.

• BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    that was a really good idea!! looks great ;)

happy eggin

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• You know can get help...I think. Great job.
  • WilbyWilby Posts: 155
    What a great idea. I laughed so hard. I guess you have to be an egger to appreciate how good this is.
  • wow that is very nice great job
  • One word....

Incredible attention to detail.

Love it!
  • That's fantastic B)
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    Great costume!
    Very creative effort,... impressive. :cheer:
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    First place for that one but man you got waaaaay to much time on your hands! :laugh:
  • That is hilarious. I just love it! Great job. I can hardly believe it hasn't been thought of/done before, now that I think about it. Really clever!
  • :) pretty cute!
  • GrumpsGrumps Posts: 182
    Since it is almost Halloween again I thought I'd bump this thread of my best costume EVER!