Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Diameter of raised grid for large?

Options
Chris
Chris Posts: 117
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am going to make a home made raised grid for my large using the info on the Naked WHiz site. Question is, which size Weber grid should I buy? There is one I saw with handles on the grid...should I get that one?

Comments

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    The standard size grate works fine just follow the Whiz directions.If you want to really move it higher in the dome put plate setter in legs up then the standard grate on top of the legs then use a 13 1/2 inch Weber grate with 4 inch bolts attached to really get it up in the dome.

spatchcockchicken061.jpg
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    OldDave1.jpg

The handles are well.....handy. As you can see, The Old Dave Contraption can be loaded in the kitchen and carried to the cooker. It can also be removed quickly, with welding gloves of course :laugh:
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Old Salt
    Old Salt Posts: 357
    Options
    I use a 15" grate raised up on beer cans which brings it up deep into the dome. Since I have an old clay egg my fire ring is 6" and the space between the grate and seal is 3". I believe the BGE space is just 4".