Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cart complete

Options
NooBBQ
NooBBQ Posts: 134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK I admit it, I am a bum. This summer I had gotten so busy, my BBQ cart project had to go on the back burner.

Here is where we left off.

And here we are today, all that is left to do is load the egg, but I am going to wait for the finish on the wood to harden out a tad bit.
406585584_zfFZq-L.jpg

That is the overview, completely mounted, welded, powder coated (thanks for talking me into powder-coating)

There is a quick tray up front, a swing out towel, tool, grid rack on the right. The wood is red wood with a couple of layers of finish. The wood is screwed blind.

406586160_tQddW-L.jpg
Swing out tool, towel, grid holder.

406586415_WQSU5-L.jpg

Here is the end view, looking at the storage area for grids, setter, pizza stone etc. And of course the mandatory bottle opener.

The aluminum deck is raised of the steel frame by an inch to do some temperature management. The aluminum is also mounted semi floating to allow for the difference in thermal expansion between aluminum and steel.

Some more pictures with details. Thanks for all the advice, input and praise along the way.

406584499_2ZzXS-L.jpg

406585998_mGX5a-L.jpg

406586370_kQ5z9-L.jpg

nooBBQ,

Comments