Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Holding your Pork

Options
EggZona
EggZona Posts: 108
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I want to cook a pork butt for a group but timing is not so good and I need to cook it about a day in advance.

Any tips on what to do about reheat etc? Should I refrigerate/heat/pull? To what temp should I heat it back up too?

Thanks-

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Cook the pork and pull at 190-200 degrees internal temp. Pull it like you were going to eat it now. But since you are holding for a day or so I recommend putting it in a zip lock bag with some sauce on it.

Reheat it in a crockpot with a can of coke and it will be just like it was just cooked. Use regular coke only...
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    I had to hold some for a couple days, I Foodsavered and kept it in the fridge. I reheated it in simmering water for 15-20 minutes. It was moist and as if it had just come out of the Egg. -RP
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Options
    You could pull and put in a zip lock but a foodsaver would be better. If you use a foodsaver you can reheat in boiling water like Randy said or you can wrap the outside in foil and put it in the oven about 225 to reheat. You just need to reheat until it is warm.
  • NCSU-Q
    NCSU-Q Posts: 104
    Options
    I did some recently where I pulled it, ziplocked it, put it in the fridge... pulled it out the next day, put it in a pyrex dish, wrapped the whole thing VERY tightly with foil, and put it in the oven for about 30-40 minutes at about 300 degrees. I think that only I could tell that it wasnt fresh pulled.