Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Too much BBQ

Redpig
Redpig Posts: 35
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife thinks I'm a nut and says the BGE looks dorky! I got it a month ago. She couldn't believe I'd pay so much. I made a stainless steel smoker that weighs about 450 lbs. and another that I use for camping. Now I've got the BGE. So, my backyard is starting to like like a display of the Home Depot outdoor section. What do I care? I'm in my own world out there (backyard). Afterall, the kitchen is hers. Anyway, when things get too hot inside I can always retreat to the backyard and fire up the BGE. It'll keep me warm all night and won't complain a bit!

Comments

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    garkit.jpg
    <p />Redpig,[p]No need to feel guilty. A man has to do what a man has to do![p]It ain't much fun cooking outside in a Cleveland winter, so my retreat is my "garage kitchen" out of the elements. Heated, of course, and with sound system and TV.[p]K~G

• KennyG,
    Do you have an exhaust system to extract the smoke & gases? How does that work?

--
    Andrew (BGE owner since 2002)
  • KennyG
    Fairalbion,[p]Not shown in the pic is a wall mounted 25" fan. With the side door open a bit, I can remove most of the smoke. Not really an exhaust system but doesn't work too bad.[p]K~G

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    wardeggs.jpg
    <p />Redpig,
    You can never have to many cookers.I got my first egg 14 years ago and have never looked back.I live in Georgia so we can cook out year round,no snow here like KennyG has.When your backyard starts to look like mine your wife will think your nuts.
    Larry[p]PS
    KennyG,Mr.Toad,Spin and JJ......#65 HEHEHE

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Redpig,[p]The obsession works on females too...! I got my first ceramic cooker in July (equivalent to the large) and have already added a small BGE since I couldn't imagine going camping ever again without my grill...LOL! I've added a plate setter, firebricks, second grid for both, cast iron from Lodge (10 qt dutch oven, 2 qt cassarole, bacon press, and biscuit pan), drip pans in every size and shape, Polder, fish/veggie grids for both, pizza stone, injection supplies, foodsaver, chicken sitter, v-rack, rib racks for both, a second shelf for spices, and at least 1/2 dozen cookbooks. And, for Christmas, I got a Maverick Dual Thermometer, 3 cookbooks, and an upright freezer. I like cooking in the backyard MUCH better than cooking in the kitchen! Life is good![p]QBabe
    :~)

• KennyG
    YB,[p]65 eh? Thems Georgia tree rats that have to be kicked in the a$$ to get them moving to make a sport out of it. I'm not impressed hehehe[p]K~G

• QBabe,
    I hope you enjoy your Maverick as much as I have, over a year and no problems.
    Good q'ing...nde