Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spatchcock success!

Options
docrjh
docrjh Posts: 21
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm feeling pretty good now! Cooked two birds; one with JJ's rub and another w/ lemon pepper and garlic salt. The winner? JJ's rub. What a beautiful pair! This thing is unbelievable. Going to a movie first, then tonight I'll clean out the firebox and do my first pork butt low and slow. Going to follow Elder Ward to a "T". Even have the Piedmont Sauce ready! Thanks to all.[p]Randy

Comments

• Redpig
    Redpig Posts: 35
    Options
    docrjh,
    I've done the pulled pork. Took some to work along with some homemade slaw, buns and beans. My coworkers raved about the bbq. Nobody said a word for the first few minutes. They were to busy scarfing up the grub. One of them asked me if I was a chef! Mouth-watering bbq. None better. Secret is low and slow. It'll peak for awhile at about 180-185 and slowly climb to 200. You should be able to pull the large bone right out of it. It's difficult to resist but let it rest for about 10-15 minutes, get a fork and just rake it off. If you do it right all the fat will be rendered out during the burn. Nothing left but the fat cap (Mr. Brown). You can cut this up and freeze it for seasoning. Great for collards, baked beans, etc. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

• Jim R.
    Jim R. Posts: 103
    Options
    Redpig,
    Next time try Marvs Beans,just like dessert.Glad everything went well!