Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Platesetters

RedpigRedpig Posts: 35
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have been hearing alot about platesetters lately. Can someone tell me what it is, what it does and where I can find one? I'm thinking it's a spacer or something. I got a pizza stone from Mrs. Claus for Christmas. Also a grill book, apron and hat. Is there a connection here? Anyway, I've got two slabs going now with the 3/1/1.5 method. Just started the 1 portion. Man do they smell good! I've only had my BGE for about a month and everything I've done...ribs,pulled pork, chicken and ham, is the best I've tasted anywhere. I ate at a local "BBQ" joint last week. Hah! No comparison. Not even close to what comes out of that magical egg!
·

Comments

• Redpig,[p]This is a link to the product catalog. It is located on the home page of this site. The platesetter is on page five. Following I'll show a couple of typical uses.[p]Pout
    [ul][li]BGE Product Catalog[/ul]
    ·
  • site1024.jpg
    <p />[p]Legs up. Usually for "additional mass" for an indirect low and slow.
    ·
  • site1019.jpg
    <p />Legs down. Often used with a pizza stone for pizza, bread, or in this case, pretzels.
    ·
  • RedpigRedpig Posts: 35
    Pout,
    Nice! I've got to get one of these. Thanks so much for the info and pics. Happy New Year to you and yours! Redpig

·
  • ShelbyShelby Posts: 803
    Pout,
    Looks good...next time leave your grid in and that fire will burn off/clean the grid while you cook.

·