Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vacuum Sealed Nature Brisket

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Howdy.
Just back from 4 days in the wilderness, and had 10 minutes of rain. Perfect trip, and the vacuum sealed brisket was perfect. We found that 15 minutes in boiling water (in the bag), and 2 minutes each side on a super-hot fireplace stone made for a great meal! We still had a bit of snow on the ground when we got there, so we stockpiled it and kept the stuff chilly the whole time. Fireplace pita pizza with mushrooms, red peppers and brisket!! Brisket sandwiches. Chunk-o-chest heaven.[p]Cat's babybacks, reheated, were attacked by hungry campers, and were also great. I brought 3 freeze-dried meals with me, and brought 3 back home untouched!![p]Just looked back thru some of the posts since Thursday.
Wonder what I missed??[p]Hope everyone is well.
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Teslamania
    Teslamania Posts: 144
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]What about all the beer? Didn't bring any of that back did you! :-)[p]I just did a small brisket (point?). Snyder's had it in a cryovac pac with the fat cap intact (CAB). Good stuff. [p]Glad you are back safe.

• King-O-Coals
    Options
    Nature Boy, good to see ya made it. Glad Yogi and BooBoo didn't get a whif of your grub.

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Teslamania,
    Nope. No beer made it out. Didn't bring very nuch, as it is heavy. Tequila and cognac were consumed. My buddy still had some of his JWB Scotch left (man, that stuff talks to you).[p]Briskets are incredible...aren't they??
    Thanks
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    King-O-Coals,
    Thanks. I am really suprised the bears didn't give us a visit!! This area has a lot of bears, and we were sloppier than normal. For instance, I opened up a can of smoked oysters (man they are good), and the juice sprayed onto my pants. We had brisket juice everywhere. Pizza cheese on the firepit hearth. We hung our food from a tree like we normally do, but our camp had plenty of other smells to attract Yogi and BooBoo. [p]Saw lots and lots of beaver activity though. Those are some amazing creatures. Came upon one dam that was maybe 200 feet across.[p]Cheers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    WELCOME BACK!!!!! HEEEEEE--to da' mothafu**in'--HEEEEE!!!
    Im glad u r hope happy and alive ready for another week of great Eggin'...
    Anyway u say what u missed? u did miss a family feud that was deleted...that included..
    "Oh my I have been Qin' for 67 yrs but dont understand why pictures of bruce springsteen keep poping up".
    HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
    Anyway, i am glad u r back safe and look fwd to reading the majic u produce on the Egg.
    Happy return,
    ST[p]

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]""Just looked back thru some of the posts since Thursday.
    Wonder what I missed??""[p]Well did you hear about the prehistoric man found at Wallmart?[p]Did you hear that Russia filed for bankruptcy?[p]Network Solutions has gone out of business and now some kid in his basement is recording web addresses.[p]That is about all I can remember happening in the last 2-3 days- not much else going on. Looing toward Tuesday!![p]Hoping for biking weather!![p]Tim
    The landing site in Roswell has been found.[p]The NASDAQ was closed permanently.[p]

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    King-O-Coals,[p]I've found Yogi and Boo boo are particularly problematic when you have a really attractive pic-in-ic basket.[p]Cornfed
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Tim M,[p]Don't forget that the domestication of dogs continued unabated....[p]Eerily yours,
    Cornfed

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Tim M,
    Whoahhh! That is some heavy news!! I always wonder what will happen while I am out of contact with the outside world. On the longer trips a lot always seems to happen. I will never forget the 10 day trip I went on, and came home to find out that my hero, Stevie Ray Vaughan, had been killed, then found out we had to move in with the in-laws.[p]Glad your account of the past few days is not true![p]Thawing Cat's ribs now. See you tomorrow.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Elder Ward
    Elder Ward Posts: 330
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]You da Man.[p]Elder Ward

• Elder Ward
    Elder Ward Posts: 330
    Options