Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Post Holiday BBQ

Options
WooDoggies
WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Dizzy005.jpg
<p />A 5.5 lb. prime flat. Coated with a mixture of one part Dizzy Pig Cow Lick Rub and one part Cap'ns Rub and doubled in volume with brown sugar. Smoked at 250-270 for 9 1/2 hours with Royal Oak lump and a couple chunks of hickory. [p]After all that traditional Christmas fare, I needed some bbq.

Comments

• WooDoggies
    Options
    Slice009.jpg
    <p />char buddy, this photo is for you.[p]WD
  • char buddy
    Options
    WooDoggies,[p]Dude, how do you get that obscene red smoke ring. There's some states you can get arrested for showing a thing like that.
  • KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    WooDoggies,[p]C'mon now, is that the best you can do? hehehe[p]Honestly, this is one of the finest looking pieces of meat I've ever seen! You are breaking my heart.[p]My I humbly suggest altering the resolution of your images to 72dpi and resize to 8" width? Even with broadband, it took a long time to suck this pic down.[p]K~G

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    KennyG,
    Wow! My monitor just started displaying 300dpi! LOL.[p]Well, give WD this....if you are gonna send a mega picture, that be the one to use![p]Heee
    Nice work, Juan-John!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • KennyG
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]What a gorgeous piece of meat!!![p]I've been scrolling left and right through the slices all morning and crying.[p]Ken

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    WooDoggies,[p]WOW! That is one fine looking hunk of cow....Now you've got me wanting to try another one![p]Happy Holidays,
    Tonia
    :~)[p]BTW, did you end up with a white Christmas? It sure is pretty country in your neck of the woods when you wake up in the morning and find it covered with white...

• KennyG
    Options
    snowdeck.jpg
    <p />QBabe,[p]It might be pretty, but still an unnecessary freezing of water in my opinion.[p]Mother Nature dropped about 8" on us just in time for Xmas day so I guess I can't complain. Now, if she would just make it go away. [p]The old Egg/party deck is a lonely place at this time of year. Even with Humpty's "laugh at the weather" cooking characteristics, I prefer to keep him and friends in the garage and do my cooking out of the elements.[p]K~G

• WooDoggies
    Options
    KennyG,[p]Thanks Kenny and sorry y'all about the image size :~)... I'm using an older digicam with 3 settings for resolution. The lowest setting didn't capture enough detail and the middle setting coupled with macro gave you this monster image but with the detail I wanted... haven't even started to figure out how to first manipulate images with adobe photoshop.
    Hey, I'm just happy I can post a photo!
    On my phone modem it took about 20 seconds to open up that post. How long does it take with your broadband?[p]Brisket for lunch![p]John[p][p]

• WooDoggies
    Options
    Hi Tonia,[p]Yes, here in your old stomping grounds we had a white Christmas and it was very very pretty.... it really felt like Christmas with the rolling hills, woods and farms covered in snow.
    My arm is sore from throwing snowballs and my sides from laughing so hard.... nothing like the sting of getting womped in the side of the head with a tightly packed snowball thrown by a 4 year old who has an arm like a Yankee's pitcher.
    Hope yours was great![p]John

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    WooDoggies,
    Beautiful! Gets my vote to replace turkey.[p]Ken

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    WooDoggies,
    Looks to me like you've just about got the hang of ceramic cooking. I'll bet it tastes as good as it looks.[p]Happy New Year[p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Options
    WooDoggies,[p]I have broadband and it took my 'puter about 2 seconds. I have a T1 line.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• Nature Boy
    Options
    WooDoggies,
    Yaba daba doo!
    Just decided I am cooking one for dinner tomorrow. Off to the store now!
    latah!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • site1028.jpg
    <p />WooDoggies,[p]How about this size? Check out the free program, IrfanView, at the link below. It makes it very easy to resize photos. Just open a picture, go to Image, Resize, and click on 640x480. Then save the photo to a different directory so that you will have the original size and the smaller size. I learned about this program from somebody on the Kamado forum. It couldn't be easier. Now I take all my photos at the highest resolution, and then use this program to resize them if I want to post to a web site.[p]Pout
    [ul][li]IrfanView[/ul]
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Pout,
    Good info. A program like that is very handy. I have been using photoshop for about 15 years and find it indispensible for working with images.[p]Some things to keep in mind. An image that is shot at the final desired resolution will have better detail than one that is shot at a higher resolution and resized. You program decides which pixels to throw away (or add) when you resize, and there are many interpolation methods. Some work better than others, but the bottom line is that with each resizing you loose some image quality. [p]Happy new year to yall!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    WooDoggies,[p]That's bleeping gorgeous!!![p]Ho ho ho,
    Cornfed