Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A newbie!

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife surprised me today with a Christmas gift. Something I have been trying to justify for a year or two. A large EGG! I have watched the video and am risking Christmas dinner tomorrow by preparing a bone in Rib Roast. Actually, after looking at this forum and reading about it, I believe I have gathered enough information to do it. Thanks for your posts and I wish you all a blessed Christmas...

Comments

• Zeke
    Zeke Posts: 90
    pribdone2.jpg
    <p />Wirefire, congrats on your gift. I'm also doing a prime rib for Christmas. It's not a big deal using the BGE. Just keep an eye on the temp and adjust accordingly. This is a photo of my first PR on Thanksgiving. 'appy Holidays!

• docrjh
    docrjh Posts: 21
    Wirefire,
    I know how you feel now. I just started my first fire last night just to get a feel for the temperature adjustment. Tomorrow I'm cooking rib steaks for the egg's maiden voyage. This afternoon I mixed up some of Elder Ward's rub for pulled pork and a dry brine for smoking trout. Gettin' ready! Congratulations and have a great holiday, as if I even needed to say that![p]Randy

• Wirefire,
    Congratulations! I take it you have lurked here before. Many happy meals to you![p]Be sure to use a polder with your cooks and wrap the wire in aluminum foil. Watch dome temps when using a polder (above 350 and you will be buying another probe)[p]Visit The Naked Whiz and his web site to research flashback. (experience talking here)[p]Make Pizza soon! It's a New Years tradition at my house.[p]Banker John

• Wirefire,
    CONGRATS BRO ON THE NEW BGE, I AM ALSO A NEWBIE, I HAVE HAD MY EGG NOW FOR 2 WEEKS. COOKED MY FIRST TURKEY IN IT SATURDAY AND COOKING MY SECOND TURKEY AS WE SPEAK. I WAS WORRIED THAT I WAS NOT DOING IT RIGHT OR I MIGHT HAVE COOKED IT TO LONG , TEMP NOT RIGHT , BUT THE OLE BIRD WORKED OUT PERFECT BRO.
    I AM THE TALK OF THE FAMILY AND THE OFFICE, TOOK SOME IN AND HAD THE OFFICE TASTE IT, THEY LOVED IT. SAID IT WAS THE BEST TURKEY THEY EVER TASTED.
    I HAVE ALREADY COOKED CHICKEN BREAST, HAMBURGERS, DEER ROAST, PORK CHOPS, NOW 2 TURKEYS AT 13 LBS EACH. EVERYONE SAYS IM A NATURAL, AND I HAVE THIS FORUM AND MY BGE TO THANK FOR IT.
    WHATS REAL FUNNY, I USED TO GO INTO THE GARAGE AND STAIR AT MY MOTORCYCLE, NOW I JUST GO OUT THERE AND STAIR AT MY EGG. LOL
    THE OFFICE REALLY LIKES THAT I GOT AN BGE BECAUSE THEY ARE MY TASTERS ON ALL THE FOOD THAT I COOK. LOL
    GOOD LUCK TO YOU MY FRIEND AND WELCOME TO THE FAMILY :)
    ANOTHER WORD OF THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATE IN THIS FORUM, YOU ARE ALL MAKING ME FAMOUS. LOL
    MERRY CHRISTMAS AND KEEP POURING OUT THE INFO.
    YOUR BGE BROTHER.
    MET[p]

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Welcome, Wirefire. You are embarking on a wonderous journey!!!!! Take the time to stop and smell the smoke!![p]Happy Holidays,
    Jim

• Wirefire,
    Lot of good advise going on here so will add nothing now. Just wanted to say welcome to you and all the other new folks on the block as I have missed a few of late.
    Elder Ward

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Wirefire,
    Lucky man! Your wife has excellent taste in gifts. Watch the video all you want but trust the tried and tested results here rather than the "cookbook".
    As you've seen, if you have a question, ask...someone is bound to be able to offer help/advice.
    Welcome and happy cooking!