Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

the \"other\" parts of animal

Options
Smokin' Todd
Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Folks. Glad to see everyone had a blast at Eggtoberfest.
Just came back from weekly grocery shopping and the curiosity of animal parts finally got to me as Im just looking for something new to egg other then the usual wings, steak, thighs, ect....
If anyone here has had success, or can direct me to these parts that I spent so much time holding in the meat seaction, then I will finally buy next weekend. Any good egg recipes for:
1) Cow Toung.
2) Cow and/or Pig hearts
3) Chicken feet.
4) Pigs ears
Also a variety of livers, but learned long ago I cant stand that stuff. So any info would be appreciative.
ST

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Here is one that is great with mayo on a sammie.

Beef, Tongue, Thirdeye

INGREDIENTS:
    Tongue
    Water
    1 Bottle Beer
    2 Tbs Chopped garlic
    2 green onions, chopped
    2 bay leaves
    1 Tsp Salt
    2 Tsp Black pepper

Procedure:
    1 Soak tongue in salted water for 2 hours in the refrigerator. Drain and replace with fresh cold water and continue to soak overnight, changing water once more.
    2 Remove from the refrigerator and simmer soaked tongue in water and beer to cover, with the seasonings above for 1-1/2 hours.
    3 Remove tongue to cool, then peel skin and trim fat. Season with a no-sugar beef rub, paint with a coating of mustard, add a little more rub.
    4 Set up cooker for barbecue temperatures no higher than 250°, using pecan and apple wood. Add a slice of bacon on top. Prepare a basting sauce with apple juice, cider vinegar, oil, salt & pepper. Turn and baste every 30 minutes, moving the bacon to the topside on each turn. In about 2 hours the internal temperature will be 150°. Remove & cool.
    5 Serve, sliced thin with horseradish sauce and/or ground mustard as an hors d’oeurve or on sandwiches.

Recipe Type
    Appetizer, Main Dish, Snack

Recipe Source
    Author: Thirdeye

Source: BGE Forum, Thirdeye, 2006/01/03
  • Smokin' Todd
    Options
    Now that is what Im talking about!! That is something I can handle for game day next weekend! Thanx to RichFL, and of course 3rd eye, I now have 1 of 4 set for next week's game.
    Thanx a lot!!
    ST
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    McDonalds hamburgers. Eat up. :woohoo: :ohmy: :woohoo: :(
    Mike
  • Smokin' Todd
    Options
    ha ha ha
    Look, and I just spoke to Brett as he verified this info, just because you guys in KC will be USED and EMBARASSED tomorrow doesnt meant u need to interrupt next week's victory menu:).
    Email mail me you phone number(lost it like everything else). Wanna call u before kick-off tomorrow to make sure you will be tuned in to watch the slaughter!!.
    J!!!!!E!!!!!T!!!!!S!!!!! JETS!!! JETS!!!! JETS!!!!
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    I agree with you Mike. That's just disgusting! BTW, your cook last night looked great! Wish we could flashback to 1 week ago. :)
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Todd,

If you can get provimi veal liver and grill it your opinion will change quick

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Kokeman
    Kokeman Posts: 822
    Options
    grind them all up and you will have hotdogs