Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Tenderloin

Options
SuperDave
SuperDave Posts: 319
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any suggestions or ideas on doing a 6lb beef tender loin?

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    loin9.jpg
    <p />SuperDave,[p]I have done several of these. Some came out better than others, but all were good. It depends how you like your beef, I prefer a nice seared outer crust and pink middle. I sear the whole loin at high heat and then remove it for awhile as the cooker drops temps to something around 350°, then toss it back in and let it come to the internal temp you want. Pull it out 5-8° lower as it will rasie a little as it rests. A good meat thermo is needed.[p]You can also cut then loin (or part of it) into 1.5-2" thick filet mignons!! Yummy!![p]There are more oics on my website.[p]Tim
  • Jeff J
    Jeff J Posts: 55
    Options
    SuperDave, I used the same technique on a 4 1/2 lb tenderloin butt. Very thick piece of meat, I seared outside for 5 min side at 650-700, then took out, let dome temp drop to 350, back in, I went for med rare, and pulled out at 140. I used the mustard rub for steaks and it was great. There are some pics in a post below from me, around Dec 16.

• Tim M,[p]What is the approximatel cook time using this method?[p]Merry Xmas,
    E1

• Jeff J,[p]I have an 8 pound tenderloin and want to just use garlic salt and pepper. Do i need to use a drip pan when searing or just when cooking??? I also like to use hickory wood to smoke it. For med rare how long to cook. I think the meat will need to cut into two pieces to fit on the grill. Thanks for your help
    g