Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Perfect 10 (aka Carnivore Que)

Fidel
Fidel Posts: 10,172
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK Todd, I have to give some honest feedback on this stuff. After hearing a lot of people rave about it I want to chime in as well. I have had this jar on the shelf for a month waiting for the perfect opportunity. What better chance to test a new BBQ sauce than on some fresh pulled pork?

I put a pretty generous amount on a pulled pork sandwich, added a few pickles, and sat down to give it an honest taste test.

My friend, you nailed it. The color is nice, the consistency is perfect for a finishing sauce, and the flavor is very well rounded. The first thing I noticed is the garlic flavor - which is balanced with a touch of sweetness and then a peppery finish.

This sauce is terrific with pulled pork. I am going to try it next on chicken and ribs, and will give more feedback at that time. But for now - I am impressed. And now I am off to build another sammie!

Thanks for the jar, it really is everything that everyone has said so far.

CarnivoreCueSammie.jpg

Comments