Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cracked Firebox

SpiceCooks
SpiceCooks Posts: 80
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Disassembling EGG for move and found our firebox was cracked in about 2 different places. I think I have seen other postings about this problem but thought I would let everyone know that another one has cracked. My EGG is about 1 year old now. Will get to use EGG in Philly after all. We are very excited about this. My next post will be from the city of brotherly love!

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    SpiceCooks,
    Wow! Really happy to hear that you will be able to use your egg now!! What a BONUS for your general lifestyle, and eating adventures. Great news. Especially when you had already prepared yourselves for being eggless.[p]Good luck with the move. I hope all goes well, and that you adapt quickly to your new surroundings. We will have to meet for an Orioles game when you get settled in. [p]Dont' worry about the firebox. At least you know if it falls apart, it will be gladly replaced by BGE. I have transported my egg a few times, and have removed my cracked firebox each time, and it still remains solidly in one piece.[p]Moving is always a challenge...hang in there![p]Cheers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Elder Ward
    Elder Ward Posts: 330
    SpiceCooks,[p]Yeah so is mine. Still works.[p]Elder Ward