Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What to do with a nice breast

Options
Hooter
Hooter Posts: 134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Couldn't resist...
Cooking a turkey breast on the big day. Any great ideas? Brining...rubbing...??? Thanks for any ideas.
Chicken breast w/ Bobby Flay rub on the egg tonight (Ok, maybe he's a wuss q-er, but the sixteen spice rub is mighty good).

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Hooter,
    Brining won't hurt. I brined some for T-giving using Alton Brown's orange juice brine from his book. I put Montreal Steak Seasoning on one and Tsunami Spin on the other. Smoked with pecan, as I recall. Both disappeared pretty quickly at the pot luck dinner I took them to.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Caney
    Caney Posts: 36
    Options
    Hooter,[p]Have done several turkey breast. I marinade over night in fresh apple cider. Day of cook I lightly cover in virgin olive oil, kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. I place in a "v" rack on the grill, cook indirect over a drip pan with fresh apple cider in drip pan. Place probe in thickest part of brest, careful not to touch breast bone. Bring egg up to 350 F. I use pecan chips, two handfuls, for smoke. Remove at 165 F. internal temp. Tender and moist, have never been disapointed. [p]Hope this helps.
    Caney

• Hooter
    Hooter Posts: 134
    Options
    Caney,[p]Yum...sounds like the winner. Thanks for the suggestion. Merry Christmas...or happy holidays, whichever suits ya!