Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So what's cooking for Christmas?

Options
Zeke
Zeke Posts: 90
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
hohoho.gif
<p />This year, I'll be doing prime rib on the BGE. I did my first prime rib on Thanksgiving and I must say the BGE did a fantastic job. The left overs made excellent cold roast beef sandwiches with a nice thick slice of red onion. [p]While the BGE is smoking the prime rib, I'll be smoking on a Padron Anniversay 1926, and a few Ashton's VSGs. Anyway, wishing you all the very best this holiday season and a BGE kind of new year.

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Zeke,
    And happy holidays for you also. Enjoy a drink with your cigar while watching humpty does the work.
    New Bob

• Harry
    Harry Posts: 58
    Options
    Zeke,
    What recipe are you using? I've got an 18 pound rib that I'm going to cook and am debating between the oven and the BGE. I've got a recipe I've used in the oven before (the rib is a Christmas tradition) and I'm a little leary about experimenting with this size rib.[p]Harry

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Zeke,[p]After a little back surgery this week, I'm painfully celebrating the full use of my left leg in over two months. [p]This will be a Prime rib, from my restaurant source, Xmas and I'm breaking out the real Cuban Cohibas for the event (only 3 left).[p]K~G
  • Zeke
    Zeke Posts: 90
    Options
    Harry, I grind up some pepper corns, kosher salt, pinch of garlic and a few crushed juniper berries. Rub into the meat and let it sit for a day or two in the refer. I've like oven prime rib but the BGE is superior, IMHO.

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    prime-rib-slices.jpg
    <p />Harry,[p]I've only done prime rib once in my life and it was on my large, just a month or so ago. Used Stogie's "Kevi's King of the Roast's" recipe and it was fabulous. It was originally an oven recipe but was adapted for the BGE. I was also a little worried about working out (who wouldn't be at that price!), but it turned out perfectly. I'm definately doing this again![p]Have fun,
    QBabe
    :~)

[ul][li]Kevi's King of the Roasts Prime Rib[/ul]
  • Harry
    Options
    QBabe,
    Thanks, I appreciate that. I've been out of town for a few days and just got back to be able to read this.
    Have a Merry Christmas.
    Harry

• Harry
    Options
    Zeke,
    Thanks, a couple of good suggestions here. I've been out of town and been unable to thank you prior to now.
    Have a Merry Christmas
    Harry