Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thank you, lamb fanciers

Options
BlueSmoke
BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The recent discussions of lamb motivated me to do a little (2 1/3 pound) boneless leg I had in the freezer awaiting its fate as lamb sausage. Didn't get at all fancy: salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Egged at 250º for a shade past 2 hours, indirect, to internal 145º. Used coffee chips for the smoke.
The result: a nice little smoke ring, beautiful pink at the center - moist, tender, succulent! Just what the doctor called for!
Ken

Comments

• DrEgg
    DrEgg Posts: 38
    Options
    BlueSmoke,[p]Missed the discussion, but we did two boneless legs of lamb tonight also. Stuffed them both with a garlic/goat cheese/spinach stuffing. (Recipe out of "Smoke & Spice." Cooked 250-275 and pulled at 145 as well.[p]Turned out very juicy, very tasty. Also had a nice smoke ring. I used hickory chips, but would like to try coffee. (Where did you buy it?) Was a big hit with the guests. Will definitely do it again.[p]DrEgg
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    DrEgg,
    That stuffing sounds eggscellent! Gonna have to look it up and try it.
    I've included a link to my coffee wood supplier. (I'd actually thought about using grape, but had a beef cross rib roast on at the same time. The coffee was a very pleasant surprise on the lamb.)[p]Ken

[ul][li]Southern Style Products (coffee wood)[/ul]
  • DrEgg
    DrEgg Posts: 38
    Options
    BlueSmoke,[p]Thanks for link. Seems like a good source for all my wood chip needs![p]Let me know if you can't find the recipe. I'll email it to you.[p]Beers
    DrEgg

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    DrEgg,[p]Oh my gosh, that sounds incredible! I HAVE to look that up and give it a try. Everything I've ever had with goat cheese has been fabulous and I've become a big fan....[p]Cheers,
    QBabe
    :~)

• DrEgg,
    Don't you have any Whipple's to do tonight???
    Wish you'd cook that delicious dish for your friends in low places. Tell us a little more about this "smoke ring"...I'd like to try it.
    What up with coffee chips? Why would you burn perfectly good coffee?
    Have you attempted a flight with the mini green egg? Are there any regulations regarding this?