Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Pork Tenderloin

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am smoking two pork tenderloins on the medium egg this weekend. I am looking for suggestions on time and temp. I'll also take any lessons learned. [p]I'm a new owner, and cooked a beef tenderloin last week. This will be my first smoking though.[p]Thanks for the help.

Comments

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    JAllen,[p]Welcome to the forum and family![p]Pork tenderloins are an extremely lean and tender cut of meat and most folks here might suggest simply grilling at high temps (600* or so) like a steak. You don't need to go higher than 150* internal or they will dry out. There should be just a hint of pink in the middle.[p]I might be the oddman out, but I like to do a combination of smoking and grilling with these. I use a marinade suggested by our own Mrs. Dogs (J Appledog on the forum). It's simply orange juice, jerk sauce, and a splash of rum.[p]If you are not into capcaisin, leave out the jerk. I smoke them to an internal temp of 140* and then cover loosely in foil while cranking the Egg to 600*+ or so. Then do just a couple minutes per side to get the grill marks.[p]K~G

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    Options
    KennyG,
    You are da man!
    Fireball

• tstick
    tstick Posts: 67
    Options
    JAllen,I smoke/cooked 2 pork tenderloins last Sunday. Their total weight was 2.75 lbs. Brined overnight, covered with mustard and sweet rub. Cooked for 2.5 hours @ 250. They were great. tstick

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    JAllen,
    I tie mine together lengthwise, big end to small end, and grill at 350 degrees until they reach 140 degrees internal, about 30 to 35 minutes. Let rest for about 10 minutes and slice.
    JimW

• PorkT_06_13_0017_49_04_small.jpg
    <p />JAllen, you are going to like the results. KennyG cooks a little hotter that I have, next I think I'll try it his way. I also only cook to about 145 internal.[p]Good luck.

[ul][li]Pork Tenderloin[/ul]