Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Oseaux Booceaux

Frank from HoumaFrank from Houma Posts: 5,755
edited 6:46AM in EggHead Forum
Some peeps spell it Osso Bucco

Browning the shank
IMG_2119800x600.jpg

Cooking the veggies
IMG_2122800x600.jpg

Shank back in with wine and stock for slow cook
IMG_2128800x600.jpg

Finished, seaux tender and mightyfine
IMG_2136800x600.jpg

Comments

• BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Looks really good Frank, Used any spices??
  • Not a whole lot. I followed a recipe that Max's friend did.
    I found it here http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/osso-buco-recipe/index.html
  • dblRdblR Posts: 75
    Frank,

Really glad to finally meet you at Eggtoberfest although so briefly. My thoughts have been with you as I have been through six hurricanes and himmicanes.
    dblR,

Ralph
  • Our plan was to be outahere before next hurricane season - we're moving a little slow and the "where to" part.
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    nice looking cook. and that double handled CI pan... is that somethin you can get at target or a Linens-n-Things kinda place for cheeeep?
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    Looks great Frank. Nice cool weather meal.
  • It's a 15" Lodge that I'm pretty sure I picked up at Academy. Just looked on Bass Pro Shops website and they have them for 39.99 plus shipping. Cabellas will certainly have them too. It fits an XL as sold. I cut the handle off last week to use it on a large at Eggtoberfest - worked like a charm.

IMG_2140800x600.jpg
  • yep - leftovers are going to be mobetta. After serving I put the shank back in the skillet on a slow simmer while watching the baseball game. It's beyond "falling off the bone tender".
  • EgginDawgEgginDawg Posts: 747
    Frank, we gotta teach you of the cajun persuasion how to spell correctly. All words that end with an "O" are not spelled with "eaux" anywhere except in the area near Red Stick!
    Just meesing with you. Take it easy on the Dawgs this weekend, ok.
  • I kneaux you messing with me.

Just trying to move the cajun line north (and east and west) :woohoo:

Should be a good game this week
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    looked like it had two handles.
    nice and big. thanks
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante