Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Saturday Night Pizza

Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Pizza_03_25_00.jpg
<p />On this pizza I used the traditional |__| firebrick position for low and slow cooks - the pizza stone sat atop the 2 firebricks that stand on edge. I also left the bottom fully open (Spin's suggestion) and regulated the heat using the top vent. The results - a longer cook at a lower temperature - about 475 degrees dome for about 18 minutes - the crust was about perfect - evenly cooked from side-to-side. Even the cheese melted evenly - all ove the sausage and pepperoni.
[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]

Comments

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Gfw,
    That is such an unbelievable picture....and I can imagine that it tasted beyond what it looks like. That pizza would put the best pizza shop in my area to shame.
    By viewing so many pics on this forum it makes me realize more and more of how far i have to go to become even close to an Eggpsert. It's a good thing i ordered so much charwood charcoal and wood because i need alot of practice to get to these honorable levels.
    ST

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Smokin' Todd,[p]I suggest that you obtain one of the eggs available from E2K. With Cornfeds small and your large all things are possible.[p]I don't think any of us would honestly call ourselves Eggsperts. We all need to learn much more. The more we learn, the more we realize how much we need to learn. This forum provides us the means to combine our collective experiences (from upbringing, ethnicity, cooking failures, cooking successes, experiments, etc) to share ideas and thoughts. The result is a much shorter learning curve, better food, and cooking experience.[p]I invite you to become an "eggspert". The only thing you have to lose is the list of suppliers for your eats :-).[p]Spin[p][p]
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Spin,
    Just make sure Smokin'Todd and Cornfed pays for the egg before they try to push it across the parking lot,you know what happened last time.
    YB

• Spin
    YB,[p]I remember it very well. They suffered through the problems in becoming Eggsperts in an area of EGG use that was never considered or addressed by this forum. Hopefully, they will never need to offer advice based on the experience.[p]Spin
  • Smokin' Todd
    sm-hof02.jpg
    <p />YB,
    Well let me tell ya..i wouldnt trade the repaired small soldier for a large Egg anyday.
    PS I just had to post a Bruce pic for that comment. even though i know ur just joking :)

• Smokin' Todd
    Spin,
    I declare now....
    I am making smoked italian sausage at E2K.

• Spin
    Smokin' Todd,[p]I look forward to beer and sausage. Thanks.[p]Spin

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    YB,[p]As Spin says, everything is a learning experience. I now know not to slam the BGE onto concrete. If I wanted to be a brat, I could have complained that there is no label on the BGE saying not to slam it into concrete so how was I supposed to know it would break??? Instead, I took the moral high ground and with the help of Smokin' Todd and Finger Lickin' Tom and members of the Forum repaired the BGE.[p]Incidentally, in today's world of legal hijinks, to be safe it might be good to put labels on the BGE saying "do not slam into concrete," "do not slam dome forcibly down on one's fingers," and "do not stick face into grill while searing steaks."[p]Sarcastically yours,
    Cornfed

• Cornfed, have you noticed that lawn mower bodys now out-last the engines. The opposite used to be true,, but now there are so many warning labels, the body is protected from the elements. And lets remember "Don't put hands or feet under mower while the engine is running". "Make sure small children and pets are not in your path while mowing". I'm certainly glad they put that one on there. Large children had better watch out. :^)

• Smokin' Todd
    King-O-Coals,
    speaking of lawn mowers... how about that incident where some jackass sued from an injury obtained while trimming his hedges with a lawn mower...it didnt say "do not use this machine for trimming hedges"...now a new label must be added to the arenol.

• Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    King-O-Coals,
    When you say large children, might you be talkin' about.............................the Guru of Grease?[p]Dr. Chicken

• Dr. Chicken, now that's the speed and wit I'm use to seeing. Good one!

• Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    K.O.C.,
    Yeh! I'm beginnin' to feel me old self again! Wait till ya see my next post! :-))))[p]Dr. C

• Elder Ward
    Elder Ward Posts: 330
    Gfw,[p]Wow![p]Elder Ward