Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Has anyone roasted a leg of lamb on the bone?

Options
mike
mike Posts: 152
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've read the lamb postings and recipes, it seems like everyone starts with an already butterflied cut. I was considering roasting a leg of lamb still on the bone, indirect, mainly because it looks festive. Wondering if anyone has tried this and what were the results. Thanks.

Comments

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    mike,
    Sorry if I added to that impression; I start with whatever I can afford. Bone-in does have a more majestic (for want of a better word) look to it, but I've seen some dynamite rolled presentations.
    For convenience, I carve the lamb, butterflied or bone-in, in the kitchen and then "re-assemble" the slices.
    Ken

• Marvin
    Marvin Posts: 515
    Options
    mike,
    Several times. Do it just like any other roast: put slivers of garlic into slits all over the leg; rub it with olive oil, then salt, pepper, rosemary -or- cumin, coriander, salt, pepper. Get the fire to 350, put the leg over a drip pan and take it off at 135. Let it sit for 15 minutes, then carve. Happy holidays.