Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Withdrawl

Options
Aron
Aron Posts: 170
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Starting Saturday, I go on vacation for 12 days. Since getting my egg in September, I've never left it alone for more than a weekend. Are there any withdrawl symptoms I should worry about? I hear that smoking is the toughest addiction to quit, and that's just cigarettes. Imagine what they'd find if they did a study on ribs, chicken, turkey, steak, etc. Seriously though--I'm looking forward to going back home for some hot weather and visiting the family, but unless I can convince my parents that they need at least a mini for themselves, it's gonna be a tough 2 weeks. Anyone else have this kind of problem?

Comments

• Jeff J
    Jeff J Posts: 55
    Options
    Aron, Buy them a mini for their Christmas present, then you can use it this week and whenever you visit in the future!

• Banker John
    Options
    Aron,
    Jeff has good advise, but remember, it you are visiting, they will need an egg larger than a mini. Consider a small for the parent. [p]Does Sunny mean Florida? Weather has been great the last few weeks! except for a few days when it froze and dropped into the low 30's. It is mostly about 70* during the day

• Aron
    Aron Posts: 170
    Options
    Banker John,
    Yeah it is Florida--Plantation (just outside Ft. Lauderdale) to be exact. Even if it drops into the 30s, It'll still seem warmer than Boston. I just unfroze the gaskets today on my egg and put the wax paper back inbetween them.
    I saw a small at BBQ galore when I was down there on sale because they were going to discontinue them, but my mom isn't fond of fire, and my dad has been banned from cooking anything that isn't toastable. So if they were to get a small, it would only be used when I visit--just not worth it. I am considering getting a food saver for myself, so I can egg food in advance, vacuum pack it, and then get some dry ice and take some egged delicacies with me.

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Aron,[p]Get the small for yourself and take it with you! It transports easily, and you'll find a lot of ways you can use the small at home, even with your larger egg. You can do veggies to go with whatever is cooking on Mr. Big, you can do appetizers while Mr. Big is finishing dinner, or you can use it if you only have to cook for 1 or 2 on occasion...[p]Happy Holidays!
    QBabe
    :~)