Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Honey Mustard Pork Tenderloin

QBabe
QBabe Posts: 2,275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
pork-tenderloin.jpg
<p />Tried one of the Hormel pre-marinated Honey Mustard Pork Tenderloins on our small recently. Another wonderful meal....![p]QBabe
:~)

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    QBabe,
    Looks very good, did you do it direct? temp?
    Thanks,
    New Bob

• QBabe
    New Bob,[p]Yep, around 350°. Took all of 30-40 minutes![p]Tonia

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    QBabe,[p]Very nice! I cook those every now and then at Jets games direct at similar temps. Sometimes, I throw on some Dizzy Dust or other rub for an added kick. Also, I have stuffed the pre-marinaded versions for some extra flavor (jalapeno/cream cheese, bleu cheese, once with sausage, etc).[p]It all depends on where I shop. I like starting from scratch better than starting with the pre-marinaded versions. However, sometimes in a pinch I'll start with these for convenience.[p]Overall, I think your picture brings out the most important point - a properly cooked tenderloin is good no matter how it's seasoned. Thanks!
    Cornfed

• Steve-O
    Steve-O Posts: 302
    QBabe,
    When you do your pork loins direct, do you turn them, and how often? I can see the advantage in terms of time saved. I have only done mine indirect, also at 350, and never even look at them until the internal temp is at 140, which takes an hour to an hour and a half.

• QBabe
    Steve-O,[p]I flipped once about 15-20 minutes into the cook and that was the only time I opened up the cooker until the polder read 140°. [p]Tonia