Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Have I gone too far?!!

Options
Mac  in NC
Mac in NC Posts: 287
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello to all, I just recently found this forum (phenomenal source of info) and believe I have found a nest" to call my own.I bought my first Egg in June 02 and have refused to use the oven since. Whenever we have company, I'm sure to show them the Egg as part of the tour. Drives the wife nuts. My Egg video has been offered (and accepted) by many who have visited. My boss asks "how the Egg is doing?" practically every day. Recently,my wife brought to my attention that all the items on the deck match the Egg's glorious green color as well. (patio furniture, table, cooler, even the trash can) She says I have lost my mind... however she never complains when I bring the Egg's latest offerings to the kitchen table.
Question is...have I gotten a little "carried away"? Any comments will be greatly appreciated. Got to get back to the Egg. Cooking a hotdog for a late night snack... Mac in NC

Comments

• Elder Ward
    Options
    Mac in NC ,
    So what is the problem?
    Elder Ward

• Smoke-N-Smirk!
    Options
    Mac in NC ,
    Hell!, I don't see any problems! Post some pictures so we can see!

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    Options
    Mac in NC ,
    No![p]No matter how much green you have on that deck that matches the green of your lonely egg it isn't too much. You hanen't gone over the edge until you owm multiples of each egg. That would be at least 8 or more. At least 2 larges, 2 mediums, 2 smalls, and 2 minis. Go ahead and buy those 7 additional eggs and than we may elect you our leader. By the way I only have three eggs that I can call my own. So Sad.
    Fireball

• Roy Fraser
    Options
    Mac in NC ,
    First let me say that I own 2 egg's a large and a small. I would buy another large if it would not cause a divorce. Reading your post made me think of something somebody once said on this forum.(Sorry I don't know who to give credit to.) Eggheads barbq so we can use our eggs. Metalheads use thier pits to barbq.[p] I enjoy cooking on the egg and love the finished product. What would happen if a large accidentally showed up under my XMAS tree?

• Mac in NC ,
    Im glad you came out first. I started to worry about myself. Most nights I will actually take a glance out the back door. Not to see how pretty the day is or anything, but to see how my Mid. egg is doing. I plan to get a large as soon as I hit the lottery. I just dont want my Mid. egg to get jealous. Green is a beatiful color. You need to get a apron the same color. :-)

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Mac in NC ,
    Not at all Mac. Everyone who would come to visit the first time after I got my Egg had to bow at the Egg alter. But then most of the folks coming to visit usually eat something off my grill and thus needed to see what would be producing their future food. I'm in the same boat with you as for how the wife refers/feels about the egg...except she is tired of food off the Egg. Reminds me of that bumper sticker: The wife said if I go fishing one more time, she's leaving; sure am gonna miss her!
    Just wait till the wife finds out you want a second...Egg that is!

• Mac  in NC
    Options
    Greetings to all! I want to thank everyone for the posts. I no longer feel like an "outsider". And to Rebel cause, I too look out the window every now and then "just to take a look". However, I have solved this problem.... I now proudly display my EGG directly in front of the patio bay doors for all who visit to see and inquire. Drives the wife nuts... :) Don't wear an apron but ordering the BGE hat and koozie real soon. Anyone know if there is a T shirt available. If not, daggonit, there should be. Mac