Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hamburgers and smoke

Options
Ric McN
Ric McN Posts: 8
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Still learning with the egg. Did the 20 hour pulled porked smoke over the weekend and today just plain ole hamburgers. I cooked them direct @ 300 degrees. They turned out very smoky. Wonder if cooked them hotter, would that produce less smoke? What do you guys do? My wife thinks I'm going crazy with the egg. She mentioned the burgers were too smokey so I told her "I will check with my egg family" for answers. :) thanks in advance....

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Ric McN,
    Sounds like you need a good established fire. Not too much charcoal for direct cooks, and let it get good and established.[p]Give it a shot!
    Beers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    I cook my burgers at 375-400°. Chris is right on about the fire. Let it get roarin'![p]Jim
  • Steve-O
    Steve-O Posts: 302
    Options
    Ric McN,
    Personally, I love the smokey flavor in hamburgers, but it isn't for everyone. In addition to letting your fire get well established before putting on your burgers, you might also try bumping up the temp a bit. I like to do mine between 450 and 500 - sort of like a steak but not quite so hot. This will work great if you are using fresh meat and not cooking frozen patties. If you are using frozen patties, I think lower temps around 350 work better.