Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

TONIGHT'S COOK: Baby back ribs

Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
edited 5:10AM in EggHead Forum
Done using CWM's tried-and-true 3-1-1 method, using JH Pecan on the bone-side, and Dizzy Dust on 2 of the 3 racks, Redeye Express on the other. Used one chunk of hickory, and one chunk of pecan for the smoke. Wife cut into them before I could get some pics:

Mine on the plate now:

Got a fattie on the cooker with about another hour or so left before I take it out of there.

• Dang good lookin ribs right there. I finally made it statside last night. T-rexing some Ribeyes now. Will post some pictures later. Great to be back in the U S A!
  • Mike: Glad to see you are still active on the forum. These ribs are really beautiful looking. We always us the 3-1-1 method and have found it pretty much fool proof.
    Round Rock, TX
  • OkeejohnOkeejohn Posts: 291
    When using the 3-1-1 method, do you foil for 1 hour? I usually do 15-30 minutes.

• Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092

Welcome back! Hope that your home was spared from Ike...I'm happy that you're eating some nice steaks now instead of the chicken feet you showed in the pics a few weeks ago.
    Hi Mike,

Hope your ribs turned out well for your cook! Yeah, it's good to see you on the forum again, too. Just waiting for the weather to turn just a little bit cooler, as it's still a bit on the warm side to be tending to the cooker right now.

Take care,
    I follow the recipe to the "T" and just extend/shorten the last part as required. I went to the grocery store today during the first "1" and made it back just in time to unfoil and sauce the ribs.
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Bout time you cooked some'en!!!! Guess the cooler weather made it there also. D saw your wet ribs and DEMANDED some wet chicken quarters before I can leave for work tomorrow. Thanks a lot buddy!!! :laugh:
  • Mike.
    Great looking ribs, you are always good pic. competition !