Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork & Neighbors

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi,
I gave my neighbors a Mexican meat-loaf a few days ago, he liked it but it was a little rich for him, his wife liked it,his daughter who is a viggie head and won't eat meat said it smelled really good. (It was great IMHO)[p]I gave him a container of pulled pork yesterday, he just called me to say it was the best BBQ they have ever had. (They have lived in many states and on both coasts) They are interested in an egg, I will let them use my medium so they will get hooked. HEE,HEE,HEEeeeeeeeeeeeeee[p]The other half of the pork went down the street to a different neighbor, I will have to wait as he was at work so they won't have it till today. I have given it to them before and they love it, they said I should be selling it. (they are from the east coast and have had lots of pulled pork)[p] Mr. Egg is doing very well. My thanks to the forum for helping me to please other's with good Q
Cheers
New Bob[p]

Comments

• Zeke
    Zeke Posts: 90
    Options
    New Bob, The only problem with the BGE is like having too much money. People that would not give you the time of day are now your best buddy. <big grin> I swear my neighbor keeps her nose pressed to the screen door to smell if we are cooking on the egg. Pesky neighbors!
  • Elder Ward
    Options
    New Bob,
    Welcome to the ranks of BGE Missioaires. :^)[p]Elder Ward

• Bordello
    Options
    Zeke,
    Yes, I understand, when I gave my neighbor the pork, he asked if I was cooking the night before. The butt was on from 10A.M. till about 11:30P.M that night. Had some pecan and alder in the egg along with a nice big onion in the lump. I think the whole neighborhood could smell it. What fun it is to tease. ÜÜÜ
    Cheers,
    New Bob

• Bordello
    Options
    Elder Ward,
    Thank you sir, I'm proud to be a member.
    New Bob

• LasVegasMac
    Options
    Elder Ward,[p]LOL![p]Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to ....[p]Lot's of neighbors / friends / family have been "EGG'd" - not one complaint.[p]One of Santa's Elves told me that her hubby is getting a BGE under the Christmas Tree (at least on the patio) this year. Another one - Egg'd![p]Good to see you on the forum, friend. Happy Holidays![p]LVM

• Elder Ward
    Options
    LasVegasMac,
    Yeah another one bites the dust.
    Good to hear from you to.
    Elder Ward

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    New Bob,
    Singing in my best Mr. Rogers voice....."won't you please, won't you please, Please won't you be MY neighbor?"[p]~nikki

• Marv
    Marv Posts: 177
    Options
    New Bob,[p]That is funny, that is excatly how I started.......giving good BBQ away for free, and my neighbors told me the same thing...... Now I have 2 big catering rigs and working on a 3rd one for this spring.......Still love the egg though.[p]Marv