Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bernzomatic TS4000

scrambled eggscrambled egg Posts: 16
edited 6:28PM in EggHead Forum
Greetings all,

I am a recent and proud converter from Weber to the Big Green Egg. I had been the utilizing the Big Green Egg brand electric starter from the very beginning. I just transitioned to the Bernzomatic TS4000, which I purchased from Lowes a couple of hours ago. There is certainly a night and day difference. Can anyone using the Bernzomatic TS4000 tell me how many applications i will achieve before a required MAP refueling is in order?
·

Comments

• fieroguyfieroguy Posts: 777
    Depends on how often you use it. I light my Eggs at least five times per week, and I am still on my first bottle of MAPP after almost a year.

Mike
    ·
  • BuxwheatBuxwheat Posts: 727
    I light mine 2-3 times a week and my first tank lasted 3 years. At first I was using the torch for about 2-3 minutes per lighting, now I light in about 3-4 places in the lump for about 15 seconds in each spot.
    ·
  • That is the torch I use. I usually light the top of the stack, but today I lit the lump thru the bottom vent, and was up to temp a lot sooner. I have a fire grate made out of expanded metal, but I would assume you could light up thru the bottom vent with a normal fire grate fairly easy.
    ·
  • Interesting lighting method your using. How long has your Mapp canister lasted?
    ·
  • Thank you
    ·
  • Thank you
    ·