Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bernzomatic TS4000

scrambled eggscrambled egg Posts: 16
edited 1:45AM in EggHead Forum
Greetings all,

I am a recent and proud converter from Weber to the Big Green Egg. I had been the utilizing the Big Green Egg brand electric starter from the very beginning. I just transitioned to the Bernzomatic TS4000, which I purchased from Lowes a couple of hours ago. There is certainly a night and day difference. Can anyone using the Bernzomatic TS4000 tell me how many applications i will achieve before a required MAP refueling is in order?
·

Comments

• fieroguyfieroguy Posts: 777
    Depends on how often you use it. I light my Eggs at least five times per week, and I am still on my first bottle of MAPP after almost a year.

Mike
    ·
  • BuxwheatBuxwheat Posts: 727
    I light mine 2-3 times a week and my first tank lasted 3 years. At first I was using the torch for about 2-3 minutes per lighting, now I light in about 3-4 places in the lump for about 15 seconds in each spot.
    ·
  • That is the torch I use. I usually light the top of the stack, but today I lit the lump thru the bottom vent, and was up to temp a lot sooner. I have a fire grate made out of expanded metal, but I would assume you could light up thru the bottom vent with a normal fire grate fairly easy.
    ·
  • Interesting lighting method your using. How long has your Mapp canister lasted?
    ·
  • Thank you
    ·
  • Thank you
    ·