Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

\"the Chicken\" meets \"the Lawsuit\"

stikestike Posts: 15,597
edited 5:55AM in EggHead Forum
holy schmokes.

that's some good sauce, AZRP.

my wife was reading the recipe and said "we have all that stuff. looks good." i asked "you think it's too spicy for the guests ?"

we have some folks coming over for my six-year old's birthday, and i'm doing 'the chicken' on some wings. she says "nah. not at all. i like pepper"

so i go on and make it, the whole time literally DOUBLE checking... "it does say "tablespoons" of pepper, right? maybe it's supposed to be "teaspoons?".

i brought it to a boil, added the oil, and took a decent spoonful of it, brought it to my lips, and did the slurp test. and then satan jammed his unholy trident straight up my nostrils. i somehow inhaled it up into my sinuses, and started coughing like a mental patient. hacking, coughing, going "woo hoo" etc.

hahaha

i wasn't prepard... man, the stuff is great. not overly hot, actually, just very peppery, and in a good way. usually there's so much heat you can't taste the pepper.

unfortunately, there was no disclaimer on the recipe, so i will have to sue for sinus damages. no offense!

(seriously, though, can't wait to try it on the chix)
ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante

Comments

• MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    That is my go to recipe for company now. when it is all done and rested it is to not to spicy or hot. add some blue cheese for dipping and you will have people calling to ask themselves to dinner at your house for that chicken stuff. I did the same thing the first time I made it it really calls for tablespoons :evil: of stuff!!
    LOL I would have paid to see the slup!! LOl
    when I was about 12 I wanted to make homemade horseradish for my dad. dug it up and pealed it and cut it up and put it in the blender. whirled it around and took of the top and stuck my nose in to sniff. I thought I had blown the back of my head off. WOW but was it ever good! LOL
  • GrillmamaGrillmama Posts: 194
    What recipe is this? I'm clueless :huh:
  • DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
    Sounds to me like you just had your flu shot.So hush up because you just saved twenty dollars on your co pay visit.
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    i hear you about horseradish! i did the exact same thing when my dad and i made some. was like the time i sniffed straight ammonia...

when they make horseradish in big batches for commercial sale, they wear gasmasks.

i LOVE horseradish
  • I dont know what i did but i made it once and it was hot hot hot and i like hot but it was a killer
  • Stike - laughing my A$% off!! It is very good stuff, isn't it?
    behold, hell in a saucepan (it's got great flavor. he ought to bottle it)

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/thechicken.htm
    "hell in a sauce pan" that is almost as good as just "the chicken" !! LOL
    Thank you! I will try these.

We made the Georgia Red Wise ones a few weeks ago and they were a big hit! (I probably didn't call them by the correct name...sorry) :sick:
    well. it hurt going in, i hope it's better goin out....

admittedly, i did snort it over my soft palate, into my nose, so i think if it's a jury trial, i'm screwed.

it was my fault.

my wife is the 'heat' afficianado, and after tasting it she snorted once, but pronounced it "incredible". wants it on her steak tonight.

it's actually not 'burning on the tongue' hot. just peppery. great stuff, if you like that sorta thing
    two words: ice cream......he he he :laugh:
    or is that one word? And I am only on my first glass of wine! :laugh:
    i think i'll put it in a cone. easier to hold and apply.

oh wait. do you mean EAT the ice cream? hahaha

i see. it will follow along shortly thereafter.

my son (the 6 year old, whose party it is) made pumpkin ice cream with me today. he wants it for his party.

kid is the craziest eater. won't try anything new. eats chicken fingers (sigh). but for some reason loves pumpkin ice cream, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts...

funny stuff to eat if you aren't adventurous. we'll get him there. he wants to be a chef! wore a hat and everything. i have him trying the ingredients, so he can understand why things taste the way they do.
    maybe i'll show him little chef for inspiration!
    very good!
    hahahaha
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    I've held off doing "The Chicken" for just the reason you pointed to, Stike: I can't believe it's not a tongue-searing experience.

I'm going to wait until the family's off on a dadless vacation before firin' up this recipe.
  • In my circle I am a bit of a "pepper wimp" and it was not too hot for me, very good actually.
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Yeah, but if your circle consists mostly of Texans, you can be a "pepper wimp" and still eat some that could cut armor plate. :evil:

I'm gonna have to make the leap.
    it doesn't sear the tongue. it just clears the sinuses. think "wasabi".

my typical little gag with sushi is to pick up a ball of wasabi and pop it in my mouth, eating it.

but the pepper sauce snuck up on me. when i coughed, it went up my nose.
    yikes.

hahaha
    LOL I am still chuckling thinking of you and the pepper LOL :laugh:
  • Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
    Stike - sounds like you need to use Judicial Flavors:

http://www.goldenwestsf.com/judflavbrand.html