Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

1st Unauthorized Eggfest Photo

Ike WittIke Witt Posts: 195
edited 1:39AM in EggHead Forum
OK not sure who was cooking this, photo from a cell phone i'm thinkin it was Chubby or the Fla boys sprungchicken.jpg

allen
·

Comments

• RascalRascal Posts: 3,352
    That appears to be an under-age bird and I'm call the internet cops!! 8 - ) Hey, what's everyone else doin' (I mean the stay-at-homers)? I'm gettin' ready to do a crispy, baked potato followed by a humongous porterhouse, and I see that BHE1 is christianing a new (red-hot) medium egg with ribs & chile!! Looking north from Florida's Suncoast and there appears to be a lot of smoke in the sky! Do you think it could be....??
    ·
  • Nice tan lines ;) out here in the desert we're getting ready to put on a turkey breast. First time tryin a brine so we'll keep our fingers crossed, followed fire and smokes advice so I think we'll be alright. Have a great day, Brett
    ·
    What desert are you surviving in and how do you like the mini? I bought one but haven't used it as yet. Can you do a small (3-4#) butt without refueling? Otherwise, I'm sure it's great to TREX a steak or flash-cook a few burgers, etc. What's been your experience?
    ·
  • I'm outside of Phoenix, in Chandler. I am in the same boat as you with the mini, never used it yet. I got it a little while back when someone had a post about a place that bought too many and was trying to get rid of them. So there it sits, looking like a small offspring of the others. I picked up some tri-tip yesterday so maybe I'll fire it up in the next day or so. I'll post how it works out. Brett
    ·
    Thank you! I bit the same hook (with no malice) and the mini is still packed and destined for my New England abode. I've used a Weber Genisis up there for years and I thought introducing a BGE would be a good idea. I cook outdoors so I'll see how it goes... Perhaps I'll need to fabricate a drain/snow cap to use when the weather turns ugly! Happy cookin'!!
    ·
  • 02Roush202Roush2 Posts: 119
    Wow! I just walked in fom Eggfest and I sure didn't see this gorgeous chick! Yeow! Check out those legs!! :)
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Chubby didn't mahe it. Did you see the whole pig? Pics on Monday
    ·
  • 02Roush202Roush2 Posts: 119
    I missed the whole pig but sure heard a lot about it! Every time the "viewing" came around there were too many people for me to get in close enough to see. Not real sure I wanted to see it anyway fro m some of the comments I heard!!
    ·